Chapter 2: The growth

As the time went by, I came to my verdict. Roxy was a good teacher. Thanks in no small part to her tutelage, I could to an extent use advanced-level magic. However, I quite disliked her history portion of the teachings.

"It is believed', she read, 'that magic came about after a certain race spoke with spirits and defended themselves using wind and earth."

"Believed not 'known', I thought to myself.

Half of these people's understanding of mana is based on assumptions and speculations. Who was this mysterious race she spoke of? What made them special and allowed them to communicate with spirits? Where they cursed spirits? So many questions that none of these "mages" even bother to ask.

"Modern magic is simply a recreation of that magic and formalizing it during the war against the demon race."

"Aren't you a demon, Roxy? Was that why my parents were surprised when they met you?"

"Mmm, a small bit of that, but it was most likely my hair".

"Because?" I decided to push a bit further.

"You haven't heard of the Superds?" I shook my head.

"During the demonic wars, they were known for their brutality, slaughtering women and children regardless of whether they were of the same race or not. Thus all the races grew to hate them". They ended up being driven out of the demon continent and are pretty much never seen."

"... I don't understand," I spoke.

"Hm, you're usually quite quick, what don't you understand?"

"These Superds we're in a war, right?"

She gave a nod

"I don't see what they did wrong, they killed and slaughtered those who were weaker than them during a war. That's just how wars are fought, no? I postulated to her.

"They were strong and so they did as they wished. It seems to me that everyone is just jealous of that  strength." I gave my thoughts.

For a bit, Roxy didn't respond. Her face was mixed with echoes of confusion, and shock painting her features.

Finally, she gave a response, "I think now is a good time to end our lesson, she shut her book, "Just...try to stay away from anyone with emerald hair and a red gem in their forehead."

She hurriedly began to pack up her books and writing utensils. But it was quite clear, my thoughts had disturbed her in some way.
_________________________________________

After a year of honing, I could now utilize advanced spells efficiently. Though, I was much more concerned with my six eyes and the limitless. From testing, it seemed that limitless interacted with these spells the same way as any cursed technique. This meant that blue, red and purple should work pretty much the same as it did in my old world.

The only technique that had a hiccup was my domain expansion. It was known that domain expansion did not work on those who did not possess any(net zero) cursed energy. I wondered if that would also be the case for the inhabitants of this world.

Of course, I didn't have anyone to test on so I had to wait until I could find a suitable pig.

Whereas Roxy was a smart teacher who explained things in a logically sensible manner. Paul was the exact opposite.

"Step in with a 'woosh' then..."

*SLASH*

With a wooden sword, Paul completely bisected a decently sized boulder. Of course, he had subconsciously reinforced him, well whatever that aura was around him.