"Well, I," he stammers, shrugging slightly. "I technically didn't promise anything. I promised I wouldn't get her attached to me, that's all."

"Don't get smart with me, Lando," Charles huffs. "What's happening with you?"

Lando presses his lips into a line and bows his head, avoiding looking him in the eyes. Charles has always maintained this watchful eye on the younger members of the paddock, him included. He feels like he's getting scolded by his brother after acting out.

He sighs and lifts his head. "I'm...I'm sorry I didn't respond to your text," he mumbles, the regret of all of his actions hanging on his shoulders.

Bianca has put him in ruins, and she'll never even know.

"This isn't..." Charles drops his head and sighs. "May I come in?"

Lando moves slightly, allowing Charles to walk into his home. It's as clean as ever, since he's been stress cleaning most of his days now. One of the perks of being a perfectionist, he supposes.

"Okay, Lando," he begins again, turning to face the younger man. "Just tell it to me straight, okay? What is happening with you, and why are you ignoring Bianca?"

"I'm not..." Lando says, almost as if it were a promise falling from his lips. "I'm not ignoring her. I just needed some time to get my thoughts in order."

"Thoughts? What thoughts?" Charles questions. "If you need to drop the act, you can just say so and she'll understand. You know how she is."

"No!" He defends rather loudly, even causing the Monégasque to widen his eyes in shock. "No, I..I don't want to..." Lando swallows before he utters his next words. "I don't want to drop 'the act.'"

The act, as if he was even acting anymore. Every time his phone vibrated, he would practically lunge at it, hoping on all the stars that his phone would be lighting up with a small rectangle, holding the name "bia 💘" in the top left.

He never gets that excited for a text, or at least he hadn't been in a good while.

Lando had first realized his temporary acting job went a little too well when he had moved a widget onto his home-screen with the time for LA, so he could message Bianca at a better time than randomly in the dead of night or at the start of the morning. In his past relationships, he was used to time differences and would call, text on a whim.

But for her? It was different. It was waiting until 9 PM just to text Bianca "good morning!," since he learned of her habit to get up at 6 AM every morning. It was waking up at 7 AM or earlier, every day so that they'd have enough time to talk, even if it was just for a few minutes since Bianca's afternoons were typically filled with song-writing and coming up with music concepts for the future.

It was Lando being in love, in a way he hadn't been before.

"Then, what is it?" Charles asks for what feels like the umpteenth time. "You don't have to hide anything from me, Lando."

Lando looks him in the eyes, contemplating if he should just give it up and tell him the truth now.

I don't want to love someone who doesn't love me back.

I have no chance with her.

What if she'll find someone she actually loves?

I'm fucked, Charles. I'm fucked.

I'm in love with Bianca.

So many words to choose from, and yet he knows none of them will be able to successfully demonstrate what he wants to say, because yes, he is in love with Bianca. He knows that much. But, it's a stronger kind of love than what he's felt before.

Is there a word for that? A word stronger than love?

When Lando finally does speak, he didn't expect his voice to tremble, and he doesn't remember when his eyes started to water.

"I miss her."

The two men stand in silence, and it doesn't take long for Charles to understand the weight of Lando's words. He knows that it's not what he wanted to say, but it would do.

Charles is the first to move, and all he does is envelope Lando in a hug that the other man returns fairly quick.

"Do you love her?" Charles asks, still holding onto the younger.

Lando stays quiet. A good forty seconds passing them by.

Then, he caves.

"I do."

"Then you better act right," Charles says in response, rubbing his back.

It sounds almost like a threat out of context, but considering the softness, and the position the two were in, Lando knew that it was more of a piece of advice.

Act right, not just to Bianca, but to himself too.

"I will," Lando responds, ignoring the quiver in his voice. "I promise. For real, this time."

liked by dollybianca, ladysgarrett, and 918,891 others

landonorris don't know who allowed this angel into my life, but i'm glad she's here.

no special occasion, just showing appreciation ❤️

(p.s. since i know you nosies like to talk, this was before i bought our bracelets. mine is still on my wrist, and it'll be there for a long, long while)
[ tagged: dollybianca ]

biaxlando4ever LIFE IS SO FUCKING GOOD TO ME

NOTES!

teehee

xoxo, cas