Cafe Visit

┏━━━✦❘༻Chapter 2༺❘✦━━━┓

It's been several hours since that "event" took place and I'm still confused by it, was it real? Was it not? Am I a schizophrenic? No...at least I hope not. Well, anyways, to take my mind off of that situation, I decided to take a walk through the city. There weren't many people out since rush hour had died down and everyone was in school or work, not me though, I had decided to ditch school days ago. It felt useless to me, I saw no benefit, so I decided to drop out, well, not officially, I was still a registered student at Kamiyama High School, so if anything, if I was caught by an official..well, I'd be f#cked.

As I was walking I happened to pass by a cafe that I would normally go to on weekends, however, since it was 10 am on a weekday, it was much emptier, open, but emptier. I decided a good coffee would help take my mind off of that, you know what. "Good Morning" I was greeted by an enthusiastic voice of one of the staff members and I walked to a nearby table. It was quiet, I looked around and saw some people who I assumed to be college students and people who probably work remotely from their home who decided to go out for a break.

 It was quiet, I looked around and saw some people who I assumed to be college students and people who probably work remotely from their home who decided to go out for a break

Whatever, I decided to pull out my laptop to make myself seem busy or that I was doing some school work, I wasn't. "Do you know what you would like to order?" A waitress came up to my table and asked. "Uh, yea, could I get a coffee" I said in a more polite and friendly tone, in an attempt to mask my normal apathetic self. "Coming right up" The waitress said before taking her leave and heading to the kitchen.

I continued to look around the quiet and nearly empty cafe with the occasional glance at my laptop to seem like I was actually doing work, not like anyone was even looking at me in the first place. I continued to glance around until something piqued my interest, a poster reading, "Leo/Need performing tonight at 7PM" "Huh, interesting" I studied the poster for a few seconds until, "Wait, they look familiar" "Oh, them , yea they're a fairly small band that plays here occasionally" The waitress said coming back with my coffee. "Thank you" I said grabbing the mug, but no, that wasn't it, they look familiar, have I seen them before...I guess it's my imagination (my memory could be very bad at times). "Say aren't you supposed to be in school" She asked. I froze, why did she, off all the people I would come across, have to be the one to ask me that, I couldn't just leave since I hadn't paid for my drink as of yet. "Oh, I'm actually home-schooled" I said in my normal monotone voice, forgetting my act due to the suddenness of the question, while gesturing to my laptop . "Oh I see, apologies, well, enjoy your drink" She said before leaving again. I typically had to lie often since I never knew what to actually say in these types of situation. Well, I knew taking my laptop out was a good idea.

After that, I finished my drink, paid and left. Before I left I took a flyer for the performance tonight. "Leo/Need huh" I muttered to myself before walking off and heading back to my apartment and throwing my bag on the floor and opening an envelope I had gotten from my mailbox prior to entering my place. I opened the envelope to find my monthly 100,000 Yen from my parents who had left me to live on my own after moving abroad for their work. I sighed and place the envelope on the table before laying on my sofa and watching TV. I would quickly change the channel to try and find something to entertain me, but to no avail. I would do this everyday with the same result, maybe I was insane, doing the same thing expecting a different result, whatever. I shut the TV off and just laid on the sofa staring at the ceiling before pulling the flier back out and analyzing it once more. "So it's at 7PM" I said to myself before setting an alarm for 6:30. I turned my phone off sighed once again from boredom.

After a few minutes of nothing, the memory of that incident started to flood my mind again

After a few minutes of nothing, the memory of that incident started to flood my mind again. I sat back up "Was that really real?" I contemplated and after recalling the events and what happened after, me ending up in an alley far from the building I had jumped from then seeing three girls, wait...I quickly pulled out the flier for the third time and looked at the members again. That's why they looked so familiar, I had seen them after my encounter with blue hair. Well, whatever, must be a coincidence, I thought to myself before heading to my room and falling asleep.