Chapter Twenty Two 💚❤️

Začít od začátku

"Aw, come on, Zhan. What is it with you and you still want to continue your innocent act?" he said angrily. "Right in front of the person you gave it to, will you deny it? Or you also want to deny the message you conveyed to me?"

"Please, Yibo. This is nonsense and a waste of time" Cheng Xiao said.

Zhan's eyes gradually sharpened. "What message?" he asked Yibo.

Impatiently, told him. "What is this, showbiz? Well, anyway, what does it matter now." He put the bracelet back in the drawer. "Sit down again Zhan, and let's discuss your campaign." he ordered.

Cheng Xiao breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh, well, thank's heav..." She couldn't finish what she was going to say because Zhan turned his attention to her.

"Shut up!" he shouted at Cheng Xiao, who was surprised. Yibo was also surprised with Zhan's unexpected outburst. He turned to Yibo again. "What message, Yibo? You tell me. I want to hear from you so it will be over."

Yibo's eyebrows frown in confusion. He shook its head. "Never mind that, Zhan. I said sit down again," his stern order made Zhan even more angry.

"You can forget that damned contract, Yibo, because I will not do that project. I have this feeling that I have been judged the condemned without a fair trial."

"Listen. Zhan..."

"No! You listen and listen carefully because this is our last conversation," said Zhan with burning eyes. "I did not return that bracelet to you. It was taken from me in a most tricky way. And I didn't convey any message to you. And I will never use another person to tell you what I want to say, least of all, that girl!" If the look he gave Cheng Xiao can kill, she could have dead by now.

"You should know me better than that, Yibo. You two are cut from the same cloth, you are perfect for each other! And don't accuse me of unfaithfulness when it is the other way around. You are the one cheated and betrayed me with that girl! I hate you and I don't want to see your face ever again! And you can both go to hell!" Then Zhan quickly left the room. He has never been angrier in his life that he couldn't cry.

Yibo still didn't move from his seat, still staring at the door Zhan came out of.

"W-well. I guess I'd better be going too," said Cheng Xiao as she reached for her bag on the table, but Yibo violently grabbed her arm.

"What does Zhan mean? How did you get this bracelet?" Yibo asked her.

"Leave me alone, YIbo, I told you, didn't I? He's giving it back to you?" She tries to remove her arm from Yibo's grip.

"That's not what I understood from what he said earlier." There was a trace of suppressed anger on his face and Cheng Xiao was nervous. He had never seen Yibo so angry.

"Well, she's lying!" Cheng Xiao shouted.

"Or you did!" Yibo push Cheng Xiao near the printer machine. Cheng Xiao's eyes widened.

"He said something that I just now thought about. I was consumed by my anger, and I didn't think about it before. During the years that Zhan loved me." His face softened at the memories. "He managed to keep it a secret from his best friends. And when we had a relationship, it remained a secret even when it got to the point where I wanted others to know. He was very young and very much in love with me, I could see it in his eyes. He was probably scared so he wanted to keep it a secret." He glanced at Cheng Xiao who retreated slightly.

But that was no secret to me, Yibo! Cheng Xiao wanted to scream.

"And it is a little wonder why of all people he will tell you that everything is over between us if no one knows about us. And he was right, least of all, you! You were never friends." he added angrily.

Cheng Xiao could not answer. Stayed huddled to the side.

"What really happened, Cheng Xiao?" Yibo asked again in a low but dangerous tone. Fire almost came out of his eyes as he approached Cheng Xiao.

The woman retreated. "I won't tell you anything even if you kill me! The only thing I can say is that I loved you and I still love you. Yes, until now Yibo. I'm crazily waiting, hoping that you can move on with your feelings for Zhan Hope it's us at the end!" Cheng Xiao shouted.

Yibo stopped walking. "I thought we were friends..."

"Because that's what I made you believe to keep us close." She cried. "Forget about Zhan, Yibo. He is married and has a child. We've been together for years, it won't be difficult for you to love me again," Cheng Xiao's voice pleaded.

Yibo shook his head sadly. The anger subsided and felt pity for her. "The relationship that we had between us in college, it was you who wanted it, Cheng Xiao. But I'm sorry to say that I didn't love you. I know you know it. I never told you so. I didn't even make you believe that I loved you. It was always Zhan from the start."

Cheng Xiao completely lost her poise and began to cry.

"I don't know what really happened, but I will find out in my own way. Zhan may have sinned against me when he got married. But I am ready to forgive him." Yibo continued.

"You're a fool, Yibo!" Cheng Xiao shouted.

Yibo took a deep breath. Look up at the ceiling. "Maybe..." then he turned to her after a while. "Goodbye, Cheng Xiao," Yibo said in a voice that was cold as ice.

Cheng Xiao left the room dejectedly. She knew that the piece of thread of hope had been cut by Yibo. Not even as friends.