CHAPTER TWO, movie night & beach day

Začít od začátku

"Do you remember when Sam and I gave you this necklace?" He asked quietly with a soft smile.

"Of course I do. How could I forget?" She giggles softly. "You guys gave it to me on my 16th birthday. And I never took it off."

"Good, because it's special." Colby murmurs, smiling at her. "It's our way of letting you know we'll always be there and that we love you."

"And I've never taken it off. Not once. I'm never going to take it off." She assured him, turning to face him. She gave him a small smile. "And I'm not just saying that. I really mean it. The necklace is special to me and I'll always cherish it. Because it came from you guys."

Colby smiles softly at her, his heart warming at her words. "I'm glad. That means a lot to me." She smiled back at him and focused back on the movie. The two watched the rest of the movie, laughing and singing along with the songs. They were in a great mood. Once the movie ended, the couple cuddled up and started a new movie. They had already gone through 2 movies and were about to start their 3rd.

"I'm sorry, by the way." Colby suddenly speaks up, gaining her attention. She glances at him with confusion. "About graduation. I don't know, I just feel like I should apologize for how I acted. I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just hurt and I had feared that I was losing you and that was the last thing I wanted. I know that's no excuse and I know it doesn't make up for what I did, but I just want you to know how sorry I am."

Bryden felt her heart squeeze at his words. He was still beating himself up for what happened. "Hey, you don't have to apologize." She told him. "I'm not mad anymore. I understand where you're coming from and why you were acting the way you did. You already apologized that day, remember? You don't have to beat yourself up about it anymore. I forgive you. It's okay. We're okay. I promise."

"Okay." He murmured, looking down.

"Are you still feeling guilty and blaming yourself?" She asks, gently placing her hand under his chin and lifting his head up, making him look at her. "Hey, don't do that. I can see it all over your face. Stop. You have no reason to feel guilty or blame yourself. It's all in the past. We were young and didn't know what to do. Things happen. So please, stop beating yourself up over it."

Colby sighs, knowing she was right. She usually was right about most things. He couldn't help the smile tugging at his lips as she leaned forward, kissing his forehead. "Okay, you're right. As usual."

"As always." She teased and he chuckled, causing her to grin.

"You know, I was thinking.." He starts. "I was wondering, would you want to hang out tomorrow? I don't have anything planned and Sam is hanging out with Kat. So, it'll just be you and me."

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea. What do you wanna do?" Bryden asked curiously with a small smile.

"I don't care. I'll be fine with whatever we do since I'll be with you." Colby replied with a shrug, a cheeky smile on his face.

She laughs, rolling her eyes as she ignored her heart skipping a beat at his words. "Alright, then. What about...Going to the beach? We haven't done that in a long time."

"That sounds like a great idea. Maybe we can even go for ice cream afterwards. And dinner." Colby added with a grin.

"Of course. You know me. Always up for ice cream and food." Bryden laughed. Colby smiled at her and laid his head on her shoulder as he turned his attention back to the movie. The two best friends continued to watch movies until Colby realized that Bryden was asleep. He couldn't help the small smile as he looked down at her.

He carefully laid her down on the bed and covered her up with a blanket. He kissed her forehead and brushed her hair away from her face.

"Goodnight, Bryden." He whispered.