Fools Gold

"I'm like a boat on the water. You're the rays on the waves that calm my mind. Oh, every time"

Aspen Lee had a killer right hook.

JJ Maybank would know, she used it on him more times that he could count.

Aspen, Penny to her friends.

Pen to just him.

Aspen never intended to become friends with them, to get dragged into their chaos. But Aspen had needed to borrow something from them for class, and in turn got dragged into John Booker Routlege and JJ Maybank's world of surfing and chaos.

Aspen never knew her mother, she died when she was a few years old. But the money she left behind allowed her father, Daniel Lee, to get them a quiet life on the edge of figure 8.

Pougue or Kook? Aspen still wasn't sure.

John B and JJ never cared of course, Aspen wasn't like Sarah or Rafe Cameron. They didn't care that she had money, they loved her for her.

One of them more than he should.

JJ Maybank had been in love with Aspen since he was 7.

JJ felt the need to protect the girl whenever he saw her smile, felt the urge to hold her when she laughed.

The other Pogues could tell, from JJ's dreamy smile whenever he watched her dance, to the glare he sent any guy who laid eyes on her, it was painfully obvious.

The big mystery to them wasn't the search of sunken gold.

It was whether Aspen Lee loved JJ Maybank back.

I don't own outerbanks, all rights go to the writers and directors of OBX. The only characters i own are Aspen and Daniel Lee.

WARNING!: there will be mention of sensitive topics in this book such as sexual intimacy, sexual violence, abuse, drugs, alcohol and such so please make sure to take note of trigger warnings placed above each chapter and read at ur own comfort level and pace. Thank you!