Chapter 8: Shaking Resolve

Comincia dall'inizio

"Shut up!" while mucking around with Yun I hadn't realized someone was coming until I turned to see Yona pulling her hood up "Hey, Yona-" I quickly pulled my hair out and put my head down. Once the man was out of earshot we stopped. "Yuri, your injuries haven't healed yet. You can't carry me for the whole journey. Besides, I want to see this kingdom with my own eyes" I sighed knowing she was somewhat right "Okay, fine. But don't let your guard down. As I mentioned earlier, it may appear peaceful, but-" within seconds of me not looking she was already gone from her spot.

I turned to see Yona talking to Yun about a water wheel. Yona then turned to me and pointed at the field "Hey,Yuri, what is this?" looking closer I realized the crop "Wheat" "They'regrowing rice over there, too" Yun butted in "This area is under the capital'sprotection. Most of the food you ate in the castle was probably produced here"Yun smiled at Yona "Really?" I nodded. She watched the family of three beforeclapping her hands together in a prayer before we kept moving again.

When we arrived in the next village, we decided to get necessities "We have most of the things we need. But we don't know how long we'll have to stay in the mountains. I guess I'm a little uncertain" "Yeah" I looked around the shop for any soldiers "Yuri, is something wrong? Did you forget to buy something?" I was hesitant but answered "No" "You can go. We'll wait here" Yona said trying to convince me.

"It's fine. From the looks of things, this village doesn't seem to have dangerous connections" I stood and grabbed my covered glaive "Run at the slightest sign of danger" "We'll meet outside the village by that big tree, right? We know" "Yeah...I'll be right back" I walked out and went to the nearest weapons shop.

'I found my glaive and weapons, but I lost my bow in the mountains'

I looked at a dagger that would probably suit Yona "It's a self-defense sword. It's small enough for a girl to use but make no mistake, it can kill a grown man" thinking about Hak and the King made me groan "I'll get it"

'Hak will kill me'

I started making my way back to the store when I found a clothing shop "hello Ms, can I help you?" an old man said. I smiled "I'm looking for something light and easy to fight in" the shopkeeper moved from behind the counter and into the back of his store.

After a few moments he came back with a silver pair of boots, a dark blue coat with gold trims and greyish white colored pants "they're from the Kai Empire. It's a very rare pair of clothing made now" he handed it to me and I went to try it on "you look lovely Miss" the shopkeeper said as I walked out "how much is it?" I asked turning to the old shopkeeper "have it" he said with a smile.

I looked at the old man suspiciously "don't be alarmed. I tried selling it awhile ago, but no one wanted it. At least if you took it then it wouldn't stay in the back collecting dust" I nodded still wary before grabbing my stuff and leaving.

(Her New Clothes)