The start of a friendship

Outside of matches, there was no rules on how survivors and hunters interacted with each other, but dating and having a relationship with the other side was a very taboo topic to both survivors and hunters. Being friends with the other side was already bad enough, and there is always the unknown consequences of dating the other side. No hunter or survivor has ever fallen in love with one another in the manor unless it was a father-daughter reunition ( Emma and Leo) or it was 2 lovers who came together to the manor. ( Ada and Emil)

When Aesop opened his eyes and regained consciousness after the match, the first thing he did was checking his pockets to make sure that the letter was still there with him. He was dying to read the letter, desperate to see what the hunter had written back to him. By the time he had come back from the match, it was already dinner time, so he joined all the others for dinner. However, Aesop had no appetite because he was dying to know what the hunter would say and think about him. He stuffed his dinner as fast as he could so that the could excuse himself to his room to read the letter. 

Helena noticed all of Aesop's odd behaviors but brushed it off as: maybe he had a lover in the manor or something. She decided to confront him about his odd behavior the morning after. 

When Aesop finished his dinner, he excused himself, rushed to his room, locked the door, and quickly took a bath before opening the letter. The letter read:

Dear Mr. Carl,

Please, call me Joseph. It is a pleasure to meet you, and yes, I am doing fine, thank you. Thank you for having concerns about me, but I am doing just fine. Alas, I cannot share my confidential information just yet, but if we got to know each other, maybe we can share our stories and be closer. I look forward to your reply. There was no need to be so apologetic in your letter, My time was not wasted and it was not a nuisance for me.

Best regards,

Joseph Desaulniers

Aesop breathed a sigh of relief that the hunter did not hate him. In fact, the hunter seemed really nice. He had been so considerate in his letter, and knew exactly what he was thinking. He even commented on his new costume. Aesop flushed red once again when he replayed  the scene in his head. 

After a while of thinking of what to write back, Aesop had an idea. Since the Manor had no restrictions about a survivor meeting a hunter anywhere, he could just say to meet him in a place so that they could talk properly. After Aesop had that thought, he then started to write the letter. 

Dear Mr. Joseph, 

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. I would love to meet you and talk with you. You seem like an interesting person. Also, I think that writing in letters back and forth is quite a nuisance, so if you can, please meet up at the survivor's garden at midnight, tomorrow ( from whenever you get this letter) I'll elaborate when I meet you again.

Regards, 

Aesop Carl

Aesop was proud of himself for even writing that letter, and after writing the letter, he put it in an envelope and sealed it with the prettiest color of wax he could find, which was a pastel yellow wax he found in his little wax collection he packed with him to the manor. After that, he put it in his makeup box. He then yawned and went to sleep waiting for the next day to (maybe) meet Joseph. 

________________________________

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading this book and managing to get the book to rank 8th in the Joscarl tag! ( It used to be 5th) I cannot thank you guys enough for reading this book and making my dreams of this ff being in the top ten of the Joscarl tag! ( I also kinda made a bet with my friends) 

This chapter was about 600 ish words, and I started to get a bit lazy at the end, but the next chapters will probably be coming very soon! Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for continuing to read this book! ( If you are)