Chapter 28. Good News

Zacznij od początku

  "What's wrong now?" Lucius asked.

  "Severus said you and Draco got along. That means, now you'll fall out again because of me" she said puzzled.

   Lucius looked into  her brown eyes with a smile.

  "Don't worry about that. We had a long conversation with Draco. He admitted he behaved like a a flighty teenager and jumped into conclusions. He told me if I love you, I should fight for you. I was going to do that" he said.

  "Did Draco say so? Wow" Kass said surprised. "And what were you going to do?"

  "First I urged to find you. And I told Severus about us. He promised to help me. Then I would came to you and do anything to bring you back. But Severus turned to be more ingenious" Lucius replied.

  "It's a pity. I could make you a little revenge. You'd live at muggles' world for a couple of weeks and then I'd think if I come back" Kass said.

  "Ms Jones, you're insidious woman. Thanks Severus. He saved me" Lucius smirked.

  "Yes, thank to professor" Kass said smiling.

                                                                       Morning at Spider's End

 Ester woke up and stretched her arms in bed. A ray of winter sun was lighting through the dark curtains. She blinked not realising where she was.

  "Well, it was neither a dream nor hallucinations" she said to herself.

  She got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. She washed her face and looked at the mirror. Her light hair were messy after night and now reminded a neat.

  "How cute. I don't have even hairbrush" Ester said to her reflection irritated.

  She was trying to comb her hair with her fingers. Merely struggling hair which was less messy now, Ester went back to the bedroom. She heard a quiet knock at the door.

  "Come in" she said just trying to comb her hair.

  Professor Snape came into the room. He looked at Ester in a strange way. Ester looked down and realised she was still wearing his shirt he gave her to sleep.

  "Good morning" Severus said.

  "Morning. Sorry for my look" Ester said embarassed.

  Severus's mouth corners rose up slightly.

  "You know, it fits you" he said.

   Ester's cheeks went crimson from confusion. It was a long time since men impressed her so much and made her so nervous as this tough professor she knew just a couple of hours did.

  "Thank for the complinent. But I'll better get dressed" Ester said.

  "When you're ready, go downstairs to the kitchen. We'll have a breakfast" Snape said.

  "Ok. Thanks a lot" Ester replied.

   She grabbed her clothes from the chair, headed to the bathroom and closed the door behind her fastly. 

  Severus was still standing in the bedroom feeling the warmth inside after her words. Nobody has sincerely thanked him in a long time. He smiled again, that was a rare thing, and left the room.

   Severus went downstairs to the kitchen and sat on the chair. He couldn't get Ester out of his head. There was something Severus felt special about this girl. She obviously was pretty.  But the deal was not only about appearance. Severus felt, she attracts him like a magnet. He couldn't explain this magnetism.