Chapter 4.5: 30 Days Left

"You are technically a named NPC, aren't you?"

...

"Sorry, I'm just talking to myself. I'm pretty good at remembering the names of all the important characters. But I haven't been getting enough sleep..."

...

"Don't move."

...

"Be more careful next time, alright?"

...

Akane doesn't bother trying to go back to sleep after she wakes up yet again. Sitting up on her bed, she looks at the clock, trying to see the time through the darkness of her room.

It's just past two...

The girl sighs to herself. Getting up from bed, she heads towards her mirror.

Another dream, and it was the same one...

Making it to the mirror, Akane takes a look at herself. Despite the lack of proper lighting, she is able to have a clear look of her face.

... What's wrong with me...

For as long as she can remember, she's been called beautiful by everyone around her. Her flowing dark hair, her piercing black eyes, her perfect smile. That's a part of the reason why she became an actress. But in these past few days, all of that has become irrelevant to her. Her eyes have become bloodshot, her hair hasn't been properly maintained, and her smile has become even more fake than it was before.

... You saved me, and you...

Ever since that morning when she didn't see him there, like she always had. She knew something was wrong.

... Why did you...

Could there have been something she could have done? Could she have prevented this? If she followed him after school even if just for a conversation, would things have gone differently? Could she have figured out that something else was wrong with him? She doesn't know, and that doubt has been haunting her mind.

He saved her life, and this is how she repays him?

... Why did you kill yourself, Minoru Kageno?

________________________________________________________________________________

AN: This was what I meant by making more kinds of mini-chapters. But after doing this, I think I will do more revolving around Akane in between actual chapters.