A single tear rolled down Mario's cheek as he slowly backed away from his sister, her words hitting him like a ton of bricks. The effects of his actions were clear now.

"I'm sorry." He mutters as he walks to her door. "I don't know how to make it right. All I can say is sorry."

"Sorry isn't enough, Mario." She tells him.

"It's a new year." Jamal says as the teens walk down the stairs of their high school.

"And a new day." Monse adds.

"Finally, we can get back to normal." Ruby smiles.

"Can I kill your guys' normal-ness just a bit?" Marianna speaks up.

"No." Ruby, Jamal, and Monse groan.

"What is it, Red?" Cesar laughs.

"Um... I'm part of the Santos now." She says, watching as the four teens pause.

"What?"

"You're joking."

"Lies. You're not even bruised."

"Are you stupid?"

"Jesus fucking Christ." She rolls her eyes. "I, um, stayed at Oscar's while the bruises healed. I didn't want my mom to lose her shit."

"Where's your proof?" Monse asks.

Marianna sighed as she lifted up her shirt and pulled her pants down slightly, showing the Santos cross tattoo.

"Marianna, what the hell!?" Cesar whisper shouts as he pulls her shirt down to cover the tattoo. "Why would you do that?"

"I wanted to." She states.

"I didn't think you could become even more stupid." Ruby rolls his eyes.

"Fuck you!" Marianna shouts at him.

"What you did is stupid!" Ruby yells at her.

"What were you thinking?" Jamal questions the girl.

"She wasn't." Ruby looks his sister up and down in disgust.

"I can always count on my "friends" to judge me." She rolls her eyes, walking away from the group.

Maybe joining the Santos was the wrong choice, she thinks to herself.

After a long day of school, and dodging her friends, the bell finally rang, letting the girl out of school for the day. She was making her way to Oscar's car before she stopped as her friends approached her.

"What?" She sighs.

"We're... sorry." Monse speaks up first.

"We're sure whatever reason you chose to be apart of the Santos was a good one, and we should've just supported you." Jamal adds on.

"We're just looking out for you, Red." Cesar speaks up. "The Santos can be tough shit. I mean, just look at me. I'm out on the streets and neglected by my own brother."

𝐕𝐔𝐋𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 - 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘻, 𝘰𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘳जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें