Chapter 4-The Law of a Slacker (3)

Start from the beginning

"Dan-ah, are you done?"

Ban Yeoryeong's voice helped Ham Dan-i broke herself out of her reverie. She asked in a gentle voice, and her beautiful smile was what Ham Dan-i focused upon the second she turned her gaze to her.

She's pretty as always... Seeing Ban Yeoryeong's beautiful smile, Ham Dan-i couldn't help but to get infected. She smiled in a placid way as a response.

"Yeah, i'm done. Let's get back?" Ham Dan-i quickly offered, despite her earlier struggles with her mind. After all that complete package of lunch, Ham Dan-i felt pretty content now that she was fully satiated. Feeding herself to re-energized her energy because of that torturing lessons was her previous goal after all!

Yeah, no need to think much about it!

Ham Dan-i recovered rather quickly. She got up from her seat with a better mood than before as she goes to returned her tray of food to the canteen vendor. And Ban Yeoryeong, who followed closely asked with a smile, "What's gotten you so happy?".

She got her eyes on Dan-i all the time. Ban Yeoryeong watched how Ham Dan-i's mood changes rapidly from happy to sullen, and then back to happy again. She had to confirm what's on Dan-i's mind or whether there is something that is bothering her Dan-i.

"Oh.."

Ham Dan-i looked over at Ban Yeoryeong and after, turning away nervously. Her smile kind of sheepish as she thanked the vendor lady before she proceed to answered Ban Yeoryeong's question.

"It's nothing.."

Ham Dan-i's response was quite late. That made Ban Yeoryeong looked at her with obvious concern.

"Are you okay, Dan-ah?"

"W-what?"

"I'm okay!" Ham Dan-i couldn't stand seeing the worried look on Ban Yeoryeong's face. Thus, making her replied to her while weirdly stuttering at the beginning of her words.

"Really...?" Her attempt to ease Ban Yeoryeong's worry was clearly unsuccesful as the female lead's face now looking even more distressed than before.

'Ugh'

Foul! That expression is no good. Stop it dear female lead number one! Ham Dan-i held back her inner monologue from blurting out. Thus, making a weird face as a result.

"Uh..Dan-ah?"

'Crap' Ham Dan-i immediately fixed her expression. Then, her next action seemed to surprise Ban Yeoryeong, whose hand being held by her in a blink as Ham Dan-i spoke at the same time in a lively manner.

"I'm fine! Let's go!"

Ham Dan-i smiled before pulling Ban Yeoryeong along with her. Her hurried pace soon turned slow until the tow become side by side, and steps in tone with one another. Ham Dan-i and Ban Yeoryeong were walking side by side by now.

'She would just drag this on if i don't do this..' Ham Dan-i thought helplessly.

"Dan-ah"

When her name was called, all she could see was Ban Yeoryeong's beaming face that could brightened the entire corridor with it. With those blinding smile, she said, "I'm glad you're okay!"

'Sure..your angelic face does say that..' Ham Dan-i secretly praised Ban Yeoryeong inside her mind while lamenting to herself of how amazing the perk of this novel world was.

They began to walked faster but not in an hurried manner, both her and Ban Yeoryeong know the direction they headed to.

However...