Chapter 4

October 30th, 1970

Norwich, Peterborough, Sheffield, Manchester, Leeds, York, Middlesbrough; those were the next cities after Cambridge. She took a lot of pictures from her first experience touring, the parties, the places in the cities. They were back in London. They arrived at midnight. Everyone was tired but satisfied. Eleanor crashed into Patricia's apartment; she didn't want to wake up her mother at midnight.

The next day she was surprised to see two fancy and nice cars parked outside of her house in Notting Hill. She opened the door with her keys. Her mother was sitting on the rocking chair, the nurse was in the kitchen getting the tea ready and her mother's pills. On the big couch, there were three other people; an old man. His hair was all white, he had blue eyes and a severe look. That man was all dressed in black, it was an expensive suit, much more expensive than the ones the executives from the studio wore. He was plump enough to show a tummy. Next to him there was a young woman, slender, with delicate features, blonde too and blue eyes. She was full of elegance, wearing a long dark brown dress. The third person was a boy, a little boy. He had wavy brown hair, almost curly, he had brown eyes, he was the only one smiling at her. She was moved by that smile and couldn't help but smile at him too.

"You're back" Anne smiled at her.

"Yes..." She looked at her mother, then again at the people in front of them. Eleanor took a seat on the chair next to her mother.

"Oh, Anne... she's beautiful.... I'm Aurelia... I'm your aunt." She extended her hand to greet Eleanor.

Eleanor shook her hand out of courtesy, but she was so confused by all of that. She knew she had relatives on her mother's side, but she also knew the whole story. They never cared for them before. What were they doing there? After 20 years, why now? Anne saw the troubled look of Eleanor, and she decided to explain to her. After she left in September, Anne decided to contact her family. She wanted to leave everything on good terms. Anne explained that everything was already part of the past and there were no harmful feelings. Eleanor wanted to understand, she really wanted it, but she was angry, angry with the man in front of them. The girl wanted to say a lot of things to him. Anne's dream was always for her family to meet Eleanor. She would feel peace in leaving knowing that Eleanor wouldn't be alone.

Anne continued to tell her all the other things that had happened in her absence; the things the doctor said, and that she had got a new manager. It had already been discussed with the executives. Eleanor wasn't mad at that, the two talked about it after she signed her contract back in August. She trusted her mother's decision on that. But then, her mother said that her new manager would be her aunt.... Eleanor had a lot to process. The nurse came back from the kitchen with the tea. Eleanor drank her cup as if she hadn't had any liquid in a long time. Then the little boy introduced himself, he was so excited.

"I'm Benjamin Langston.... I'm so happy to have a cousin. I'm six."

"I'm Eleanor, I'm happy too.... I'm 17, going on 18 this Sunday...."

"I know this is a lot.... But I also know this will be good."

"I have to go." She got up from her seat. "I'll be back by night." She left without saying goodbye.

"See you on Sunday, Eleanor." The strong and firm voice of her grandfather. It was so weird.

She didn't look back and left the house. She needed fresh air. She walked to Robert's apartment. Robert was a sweetheart. She loved to spend time with him. He joined them at the other concerts. He was very understanding about not smoking around her, and he had brilliant ideas about the world. He was a smart person, and his lips, the taste of his lips. She liked it when he kissed her the first time at the party. She liked it the second time they kissed backstage, when they were in Peterborough. She kept liking it when they kissed and kissed, and when he touched her, and when he was inside of her. He was good. Robert wasn't his first. Her first was a boy from her neighborhood of her age. A year ago, it was silly, funny, it didn't hurt her. Robert was different... he was good, but in the end, something was missing. She didn't say anything, she supposed it was something more about her than him. They've only known each other for a month and have been good so far.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Sep 11, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

THE LOVERSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें