Miles looked over at Y/N, giving her a small wink.

"Woah, hold on. I never said I wanted you in my group." She shot at him. He knew she was joking.

"Wow, I see how it is, mami. If that's the case, then maybe I'll go to them." He pointed over at two girls, who were still looking for someone else.

"Uhm, well, since you're already right here, might as well be in my group."

Jackson got up from his desk and approached her, pushing down his jealously. "Hey... Y/N. Can I be in your group?"

Miles chuckled, eyeing him down. "Nah, but you can go over -"

"Miles, quit." Y/N interuppted. "Yeah, I guess you can be here."

Miles couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at her welcoming gesture, but he didn't say anything. Instead, he scooted his chair closer to Y/N.

Jackson smiled and pulled a chair, sitting in front of her.

"Okay, so I'm coming by and handing you all an escape room worksheet. Please finish this by the end of the hour. The first 3 groups to finish get a piece of candy." The teacher said. She walked around and placed the work.

When Y/N saw the equations and everything else on the paper, she nearly collapsed.

"Something wrong, Y/N?" Jackson asked her. He threw the most genuine smile he could at her, but she ignored him.

"It's fine. I'll just need extra help on this." She mumbled. Miles hit her knee with his, making her smile just a little.

(I looked up AP Physics questions, and omg. OMG.)

Miles and Jackson fought to guide her over certain questions.

The two's harsh glances could burn a hole in a sheet of paper, and it only got worse.

Y/N did take notice of this, silently laughing while she watched them spew out hidden insults toward one another. She felt like she wanted to play, too.

"Okay, so we need one more question, and we're gonna be the 2nd to finish!" She pulled out her cheeky smile, slightly scooting toward Miles.

"I-I'll help you with that one, Y/N. If you need it, anyway." Jackson rushed to get his words out before his rival could.

Miles rolled his eyes and moved one arm to the back of her chair. "Hey, Y/N. I feel like we've helped you a bunch. How about you try this on your own?"

Y/N thought for a moment, squinting her eyes in focus. She stared at the equation on the paper, evaluating it.

"Hm, yeah, okay. That doesn't seem too difficult." She mumbled, looking up at Jackson and then to Miles.

She grabbed her pencil and began working through the problem.

Miles' eyes never left her. However, Jackson was glaring at him.

As of then, Miles had his chair scooted right next to Y/Ns. His arm was on the back of her chair.

Jackson had his knee touching the inside of her knee.