T W E N T Y - F I V E

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Chapter Twenty-Five: Our Hope

warning: angsty but with a good ending

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

SATORU gazed down at her, his thumb stroking the back of her hand. She leaned against him, resting her forehead on his shoulder. He swayed back and forth gently, his opposite hand rubbing circles on her lower back. He hummed softly, placing his hand over her stomach.

"I wish she would just come already," Aki muttered tiredly, her voice strained.

"I know," Satoru said. "I'm so excited to finally see my beautiful baby girl. But you're doing so good, mama."

"I'm ripping my uterus out after this," She groaned, her hand squeezing his. "No more fucking kids, Satoru. You're wearing a damn condom or getting a fucking vasectomy."

"I'd rather get a vasectomy," He replied, placing his chin on the top of her head.

She chuckled softly. He led her back to the bed, helping her lay so that she was comfortable. She relaxed against the pillows, looking up at the ceiling. Satoru noticed something glinting in her hand and when he turned his head to see better, he saw her holding a set of rosary beads.

"What do you fear, Aki?" He asked after a moment. "I've never seen you so afraid."

She held the beads to her lips before letting her hands rest over her stomach again. "That she'll grow to hate me. That I won't be the mother that she deserves. That I won't be the help that you need."

Satoru sat on the bed beside her. "When you compare yourself to others, then you're setting yourself up for failure. You're not your mother, Akeldama. You're not someone who can abandon someone so easily, much less your own child. You cried for three days straight when Nathan went missing. You searched the entire country of Japan in that time trying to find him."

He placed his hand over hers. He lifted her hands, bringing them to his lips as he placed a kiss over her knuckles. Their fingers interlocked, their wedding bands tapping against each other.

"You're going to be a wonderful mother, Aki. You have nothing to worry about. This is always what you wanted, right? A family? Safety?" HIs thumbs brushed over her knuckles. "I'll always give you whatever you want. I will protect you and our daughter until my last dying breath. Nothing will ever touch either of you. Jur pe numele lui Dumnezeu."

"I know you will protect us," She said softly. "That is why I chose you."

He smiled and leaned forward, gently pressing his lips to hers. She smiled against his lips, her hand resting against his chest. He chuckled when her light touch sent a shudder down his spine.