chapter 1 !!

ELLA'S POV ::
"we're here guys!" my mom yells from the passenger seat. i must've fallen asleep on the way here. i look out my window to see my new house. it looked nice in the pictures, but it's nicer in person. i'm happy to be here, but still sad i had to leave my life in boston behind me. i step out of the car and run up to the front door. i open it and take a look at my new home.

"ella!" i hear from behind me. i turn around to see cassie neumann, my godmother, and my moms best friend since college. "aunt cassie!" i yell running up to her. she gives me the warmest hug and laughs. "i'm so happy you're here. and you only live 3 houses down!" she says so excitedly. "ella go get ready, we are having dinner at the neumann's tonight at 6:30." my dad yells from the kitchen. i check my phone and it's 5:50.
omg. i have no time to get ready!

my house isn't fully unpacked, and i don't even have a bed. but i do have a shower and all my makeup. i only have some of my clothes because the rest are in boxes driving here. i put on blue jean shorts and a pink cropped tank top. i put on some blush, highlighter, and a little bit of mascara. my hair was a little wet so i just brushed it and left it down. i slip on my uggs and watch tiktok.
THE OUTFIT ::

     "ella are you ready?" my older brother, luke screams from downstairs

"ella are you ready?" my older brother, luke screams from downstairs. "yea coming!" i yell back. i get my younger sister reese and go downstairs. we walk out the front door behind my parents and down the street. i haven't seen any of the neumann boys since the last time we came here. my brother luke is noah's age so they hang out. and reese is nile's age so they hang out. and i am nelson's age and we used to hang out but i'm not so excited to see him anymore.

we walk into the neumann house, and reese immediately sees niles and goes to hug him and luke immediately sees noah and dabs him up. i see nelson walking down the stairs and we make eye contact. i look away pretty quickly and i really don't want to say hi to him. "ella! come here!" aunt cassie yells in the kitchen. i quickly walk over to her to avoid seeing nelson. "honey can you just grab that bowl and bring it to the table please?" she asks me. "yea sure." i say, picking up the bowl. "so ella, have any cute boys you like?" she asks me while i walk to the table. "yea i actually have a boyfriend back in boston." i respond. "oh cute! what's his name?" she says. i tell her his name is tristan and everyone starts to walk in and sit down.

we are all sitting down, eating, and talking. i can't help but keep looking at nelson. i have seen the edits and they all make him look so tough and funny. in reality he was just a momma's boy who was funny sometimes.
NELSON'S POV ::
"nelson come downstairs!" my mom yelled. i got back from practice an hour ago and now i have to sit and eat dinner when all i want to do is sleep. i get up and walk down the stairs just to see ella. i don't even want to see her. ik that even being near her would be awkward because of what happened last year. i dap luke up and see my brother niles rizzing up reese. "where'd ella go?" luke asks me. "who knows bro" i respond turning around and walking to the kitchen.

we're all sitting down at the table talking about random things. i'm so tired i could fall asleep until i hear "ella you still play basketball right?" my mom asks. "yea i was on a really good team in boston. we won like four championships." she says looking up from her food. "they only won because ella carried them." reese added. "ella you should think about joining the rod wave elite girls team. right nelson?" my mom looks over to me. "yea sure." i say. "i'll think about it." ella responds. i can't stop staring at her. she looks...okay. but idc. i think she's weird and i don't want to be near her.

everyone finishes dinner and i'm about to walk upstairs. i hear ella talk from the kitchen. "noo mom why is everyone's bed delivered but mine?" i continue walking to my room and lay down on the bottom bunk of my bed. i'm about to fall asleep when i hear a knock on my door.
ELLA'S POV ::
here i am. knocking on nelson's door. this is like the last thing that i wanted to happen tonight but ig my bed hasn't been delivered yet and i have nowhere to sleep in my house. aunt cassie told me that nelson had bunk beds and he would be happy to share. great. he opens the door "bro what do you want?" he asked. "uhm so like i don't really have a bed and your mom told me to sleep here." i say looking away. "whatever bro" he says walking away from the door, letting me in.

nelson let me have the bottom bunk and he took the top. we exchanged like 5 words and i'm glad because i was praying he wouldn't try to bring something up or argue with me. my phone rings. loud. i pick it up quickly. its my bf, tristan. "hey what's up?" i ask. i can hear nelson moving around on the top bunk and he swings his head over the railing to look at me it was kinda funny. "bro turn that shit off." he said looking at me. "one sec." i said holding up a one. i talk to my boyfriend and then we hang up. "so annoying" nelson mumbles from above me. "shut up."

a/n :: hey guys this is my first story don't judge hope u love it! also sorry if it's a bit boring but stuff will start soon😉😉