But why was it that her most sincere and true heart was not enough to compete with the seductive allure of consumer power and high authourity?

Even the person she had thought would never ever change had turned unscrupulous because of that position.

Qing Yu tried her very best to shut her eyes, the skin over her slender fingers suddenly turned very pale.

The soft sound of a person's breathing sounded right beside her ear, as a man's wide chest held her close in a tight embrace, his voice low and gentle: "Qing Qing, you are always trying so hard to be brave, so I just can't help being worried about you. Big Brother will always be protecting you."

Qing Yu did not say a word and did not open her eyes, her long lashes quivering hard, as he emotions surged till she was on the very verge of collapsing.

The smile on the man's lips grew deeper. "Qing Qing, wait till I ascend to the seat of Family Head and will you then be my bride? Let the two of us stand right at this highest position to gaze upon the most beautiful view and enjoy the supreme power and authourity at the peak of the entire world, where everyone shall bow before us, the world finally at our feet."

"A girl need not be so strong, girls who are adorably weak are much more lovable"

The man's almost spellbinding lips came closer to her ear, the low and magnetic voice profound and seductive. "Big Brother will dote on you very much. The true power of the Sacred Burial Arts and the Heavenly Insights of Medicine can only be brought out through my hands. Will you let Big Brother..... extract them out from you?"

The Qing Family's two secret treasures, and only the heir was able to possess them. If one sought to extract them, then it could only be done by the copulation of Yin and Yang. But if it the treasures were forcibly extracted, then the body's vitality of the owner of the treasures would suffer grave injuries, their very foundation damaged, to become frail and sickly and be endlessly reliant on all kinds of medicine.

Qing Yu's tightly shut eyes had turned red at the rims, feeling so vulnerable and depressed like she never did before.

Those violent rise of such highly intense emotions had actually caused the heart of a certain man thousands of miles away to wrench up sharply. His eyes immediately flared open from sleep, the devilishly enchanting violet orbs shining extraordinarily bright.

He sat himself up, his fair slender fingers stretching open. A light purple crystal ball the size of a baby's palm flashed incessantly, and he called out in a probing voice: "Little Fox?"

Getting no response from the other side, Lou Jun Yao could not help but knitted up his brows.

The crystal ball was a magical communication artifact from Cloud Heaven and there weren't that many of them throughout the entire Cloud Heaven, so it could be seen from here just how rare it was, but he had not even blinked when he gave Qing Yu one. A person just needed to summon up their spirit energy and they would be able to not only speak to the person on the other side, but also to see their faces.

He had done that for safety's sake, Lou Jun Yao had thought. Since he had decided that he would look after Aunt Lan's descendants, then he should give it his all and do the best he could, even though Qing Yu was merely going to take part in the recruitment trials of an insignificant sect within the low level realm.

But, why had he just sensed that the lass' emotions were in such great turmoil?

[What could have happened there?]

Lou Jun Yao was feeling rather ill at ease and with a bright glint in his eyes, the inside of the purple crystal ball started to spin and swirl very quickly, and what met his eyes was a scene of snow that was several feet high, and it seemed like the snow was getting heavier and heavier.