Prologue

Billionaire's series ~ 8

Hi. I'm Hephzibah. What's your name?

What country are you from?

What's your favorite color?

Started: 29"3"2024

Finished: Unknown

Word count: 1778

Happy reading. Tell me your thoughts:-)

~

On the 7th of a certain August, a rich and aristocratic businessman and his wife decided to host a birthday party for their first daughter and only child at the time. The family, who had just gone through a rocky past were so excited for what the future held in store for them as they navigated through their situation as a happy family of three.

The husband and wife, who had just reconciled from a long couple's quarrel were finding it pretty hard to take eyes from each other as they revelled in each other's presence through the maintenance of body contacts and sending seductive glances in each other's ways as they entertained their guests.

It felt more like a second honeymoon to them.

As the birthday party progressed, the mood was lively as the couple received wishes and gifts for their daughter who'd just clocked four.

The occasion commenced with Sucre, the business mogul and father, giving a speech and sending a message of appreciation to their well wishers. Then Stephanie's birthday celebration began.

The four year old bubbly bundle of giddiness who'd been excited to chat with her friends as she was dolled up like a Barbie (her favorite cartoon character) slowly began to get cranky as the event progressed.

Like other children, she'd eventually gotten tired and just wanted to chat with a friend instead of hanging out with people she barely knew. And let's say, that was the only reason Stephanie put up with the girl currently speaking with her.

"Your hair is so pretty, Steph." Hannah, one of the girls Stephanie knew from school gushed with a wide smile as she sat beside Stephanie and crossed her legs.

The sides of Stephanie's lips had just began to tip upwards when she registered the girl's last word.

Steph.

She didn't like to be called Steph. Well, she didn't totally hate it but she didn't want anyone except her best friend calling her Steph. It gave her a weird feeling when someone asides her best friend called her that.

"Call me Stephanie. Not Steph." Stephanie frowned,clearly displeased and Hannah nodded.

"Alright. So, do you wanna be friends?" Hanna asked, the wide smile ever present.

"Okay. But why do you want to be friends with me? You're in a different class. And we don't see each other often."

"Well my dad said she wants to be friends with your mom and dad so he said I should make friends with you." Hannah shrugged. Thinking about the situation, Stephanie chewed on her bottom lip. Her mom had only one friend and that was Dixon's mom.

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for her mom to make more friends.

"I'll get back to you." Stephanie said seriously and hoped she'd sounded as convincing as her dad. She had heard him telling people more than once on the phone that he'll get back to them whenever he couldn't immediately decide on a situation.

And she needed to ask her mom if she wanted to be friends with Hannah's parents. That would determine her friendship with Hannah.

"I'll see you in school then." Hannah, who was seven, blew Stephanie a kiss and walked away.