Chapter 11: Shocking surprise.

Monty goes straight to Freddy's room once the place was closed. He enters and sees Freddy sitting on his couch holding a bowling ball. Monty starts to feel nervous since he was the cause for Bonnie's decommission. Freddy looks up and finally takes notice of Monty's sudden appearance in his room. "Oh, Monty." He smiles and places the bowling ball on the floor. "Is everything ok?" "Oh, uh... Yeah." Monty avoids eye contact as he replies. Freddy sighs and smiles sadly. "It's ok, Monty. So, what brings you here, hm?" "Well, today Y/n punched someone..." Freddy gasps. "Oh my, is the person ok?" Freddy speaks with pure worry in his voice as his little bear eyes go down. "Yeah..." Monty sighs and walks over to the couch. As he's moving some of the plushies to sit down, he continues to speak, "Jasmine was acting up today and Y/n had to put her in her place." He sits down once he was done and Freddy thinks for a bit. "Jasmine is... That one girl who clings to you almost everyday, correct?" "Yeah." Monty nods and Freddy shakes his head in disappointment.

  "I don't get why she would mess with Y/n..." Freddy mumbles then looks at Monty. "Do you know why?" "Hm." Monty thinks. "Well, from what I heard in the elevator with them-" "They were in the elevator together??" "Yeah." Monty smirks and leans back. "Y/n punched her in the elevator because my elevator doesn't have a camera! Genius, right?! She's so badass!!" Monty speaks in a childish  excitement. "It was so cool to witness!!!" Freddy rolls his eyes. "Monty... You're trying to get better, remember?" "R-right, right..." Monty chuckles nervously. "Anyway, I think Jasmine is getting jealous because I like Y/n..." Oh..." Freddy thinks for a bit. "Hm.. Poor Jasmine doesn't know the dangers she's getting herself into..." Freddy mumbles to himself. 

  All the performers and even the daycare attendant has heard a lot about you from the other workers. The way you work, the way you act, and how carefree you are. Freddy hasn't really met you yet respects you by the way people talk about you. For you to be punching someone... That person had to of deserved it. "Maybe... It is best to keep them separate, ok?" Freddy looks at Monty who nods in agreement. "Yeah. I don't want Y/n getting fired because of Jasmine!" Monty hops up from the couch and Freddy smiles. "You seem to have a lot of energy now." "A-ah, heh..." Monty looks away in embarrassment. He was still so hyped after watching you punch Jasmine. It really was so badass to him! "W-well, I should, uh... Get.. Going... Bye Freddy!" Monty leaves and Freddy waves goodbye with a close-eyed smile. 

~

  You check your phone as soon as you head into the Pizza Plex. You woke up early today so you made breakfast at home instead of having to waste any money here. You raise a brow when you notice a text from James so you go to messages. Just as you were about click his name, Jim walks over. "Y/n!" "Jimmy?" You look up with the look of surprise. "Wow. I haven't seen you before work. "Heh, yeah..." Jim chuckles. "I took a day off today. They just needed me to check something real quick that's why I'm here." "Right, right.." You nod and Jim looks away a little awkwardly. "I, uh.. I've got a question." He looks back at you. "Let it out, Jim." You reply and notice him getting a little nervous. "Are... You ok?" "Pfft, yeah! Uh... Er.. No." Jim chuckles sheepishly and you frown. "Is everything ok?" "Oh, everything's fine! Listen, I've been going around Roxy's Raceway a bit..." Jim awkwardly scratches his head and you keep staring at him in pure confusion. "Ok... And?" "Uh-" Jim sighs. "James. Can I have his number?" "Oh." Your eyes widen once again. 

  "Yeeaah, uh... We've been talking for a good while now and, uh.. Well... He told me his last date didn't really hit well... Ugh, I kept forgetting to ask for his number!" Jim shakes his head in disappointment. "So.. You wanna take him out?" You hold back a grin and a little blush makes its way to his cheeks. "Oh c'mon, h-he's pretty cool... Uh, he talks about you a lot so that's how I knew to go to you for his number. No worries, all good things." "Heh. That boy's always talked good about me since the fourth grade. Here." You open your phone and give him James' number. Jim puts it in his phone and smiles at it then looks up at you. "Don't worry, Y/n. Your best friend is safe with me." He gives a thumbs up and you chuckle. "I have no worries when you're around, Jim. I think you'd both be perfect, good luck." You go to walk away but then stop. "Oh! One more thing. Jimmy, believe me when I say this." You put a hand on his shoulder and look right into his eyes causing him to get nervous. "Get. Strawberry. Shortcake." "U-uh, wha..?" "He's obsessed with it. Hell, make it your wedding cake some day. You got this, bro." You leave and Jimmy definitely takes note of that useful information in his head.

  You go straight to work. This time Kova was in Jimmy's place. Monty was down below with Jasmine, nothing new there, and Cammie was hidden, though it was pretty obvious where she was, and watching Kova. You roll your eyes and hold back a laugh. "What the hell, Cammie..." You whisper to yourself. 

  As the day progresses Monty and Jasmine keep downstairs. The day felt very slow and Kova would try to strike some conversations with you a little. He seems nice, but... His flirting can be a little too much. The end of work comes near and the place is almost empty by now. Even Jasmine left early. After that, Monty went who-knows-where... Kova walks over to you and hands you a little folded piece of paper. "Hm?" You raise a brow and look down at it. "I had a really good time working with you today. Hopefully we can meet outside of work hours, hm~?" He chuckles and walks away. You open the paper and, just as you had expected after hearing what he said, it was his number. 

  "Wow." You hear a familiar voice causing you to look behind you and see Monty with an annoyed expression. "He really likes to chase the ball, huh?" Monty grins and you roll your eyes. "Oh, c'mon. You and I both know you're just gonna throw that paper away, right?" Monty says. "And what if I didn't?" Was your reply.

  Monty keeps quiet for a bit. He felt hurt by that reply but shakes his head and grins again. "Good luck. He'll give you 'bout a week then probably be gone." He shrugs and turns to leave but you stop him by grabbing his arm. Monty looks back at you in surprise. "Here." You give the paper to Monty. "Give it to Cammie and tell her that." "But maybe you should do it..." Monty mumbles since he knows Cammie doesn't really like him. You shake your head. "I know you and Cammie look like you don't get along and you clash a lot, but I think the both of you have a hidden friendship. Trust me, she'll believe what you say." Monty keeps quiet as he thinks a little about what you said then slowly nods. "Alright, I guess..." You let go of his arm and he heads over to Cammie who was closing up some of the doors. "Here." Monty gives her the paper and she opens it then looks at him with a frown. "The fuck is this?" "Kova's number." "Oh!" Cammie gasps. "Oh shit, really?!" She excitedly looks at the paper. "I-" "Hold on." Monty frowns and she glares at him. "What?"

  Monty sighs and looks in the direction you used to be standing in. "He gave that to Y/n. I, uh... Y/n doesn't think it's best that you keep trying to go after Kova. He's not, um... Dating material." "Tch, well I for one think-" "Cammie, no." Monty frowns at her and she keeps quiet. "I agree." "Monty.. you.." She squints her eyes at him in confusion. "What are you..." "Look, I'm just saying you're a strong woman! I don't want to see you come to work all whiny and broken from a guy like that! I know how love works, it... It takes the strongest person, exposes their vulnerability and crushes them. I, uh... I don't want to see that happen to you." Monty speaks with a surprisingly unexpected caring tone. He finally realizes and clears his throat. "B-because then you'll be very annoying and stupid when you come to work!! Heh.. Anyway, don't do it!" He angrily stomps away and Cammie watches him with wide eyes. "Huh..." She slowly rips the paper. "I guess if he gave the paper to Y/n, then... He doesn't want me anyway." Cammie throws the paper away and leaves deciding to trust Monty on this one.