Chapter 7

I didn't see Theo in the cafeteria the next morning. I'm usually the first one to the cafeteria so it's not that big of a surprise honestly. I usually take my breakfast outside and read on the bench underneath the big tree in the courtyard. I was in the middle of a um... compromising scene, in my romance book when I felt someone clear their throat. It was Pansy. She moved my legs so she could join me on the bench.

" whatcha readin" she asked nonchalantly

"Nothing" I said a little too quick

She looked at me for a moment debating whether to push this topic further or not. She decided against it changing the topic.

"You ready for potions today?" she says

"Yeah, why?" I ask. Why wouldn't I be ready for potions?

She looks at me confused, " because we are doing the amonteria today"

Ooh. OH. okay no biggie. It doesn't matter who I smell or if I smell anyone at all, who knows if i'll even make the potion right.

Pansy pulls me up by the arm, "right well, I guess we'll find out" she says more to herself than to me.

Pansy is my partner in potions so we take a seat at our table in the middle of the room. Theo and Blaise were already there at their table that was to my left. We smile at each other for a moment before Snape walks into the classroom with his booming voice.

" I hope you all are ready to make the love potion" he says without an ounce of emotion.

Everyone begins working on their potions. Mine and pansy's list is set in front of us.

"You're the one that wrote a whole essay on it you should know how to make it!" she exclaims

"That doesn't mean i'm suddenly an expert Pansy!" I quipp back

Safe to say we aren't exactly sure what to do. I get up to gather some supplies when I feel a body behind me, Theo leans down to whisper in my ear quickly, "Fill the glass jar one third with rose and the remaining two thirds with honey" he leaves with a wink.

God bless him.

When I get back to Pansy I relay the information

"Looks like loverboy is whipped" she says

"He is not pansy. Stop it" I say half heartedly, deep down hoping its true

She scoffs as if that's the dumbest thing she's ever heard. " pu-lease he lets you call him Theo, when literally no one and I mean on one else is allowed to. He's never openly showed affection to anyone in all the years i've known him and he smiles when you are around, I can't remember the last time he's truly smiled." she says it so honestly and it makes my heart flutter with the possibility that maybe he really does like me too.

I clear my throat, "we should get back to the potion, Snape keeps looking at over us."

Once everyone has finished their potion Snape has us one by one smell ours and announce what we smell. Good lord. Snape has officially become my least favorite person.

It gets to our row and Pansy is up first. She leans forward and makes a scowling face. " I smell apples, expensive cologne, and uh the woods I think". Draco... i'm not really surprised, they are two peas in a pod who can't see that they are meant to be. I look over at Draco who has a distant look on his face. I squeeze Pansy's arm letting her know i'm here for her.

Then it's my turn. My hands are shaking no matter how hard I will them to stop. This is so public, I have to announce who I... okay Y/n, it's no big deal, It doesn't matter.

I lean forward and smell the potion, it immediately hits me. Quietly I say, " I smell um cigarettes, musky cologne, and uh chocolate?" it was undeniably Theo but why did I smell chocolate as well? Pansy is looking at me with wide eyes, Snape is still looking at me, he hasn't moved on yet, he has a look on his face, weird, he never shows emotion unless it's of disapproval.

I nervously look over at Theo, he knows it's him, everyone does, he's chewing on his lip staring at me. I can't read his expression. So I look away, embarrassed of what I confessed to the whole class.

Snape moves over to Blaise, who ends up smelling the girl he's been dating for the past few months, big surprise there. Then its Theo's turn.

I watch him, he looks over at me before smelling the potion. He smiles then leans down to smell it again. " I smell flowers, books, and coconut shampoo." he says looking at me the whole time. He smelled me and I smelled him.

We held eye contact and then this boy winks at me. I roll my eyes playfully. He might very well be the death of me.

It's no surprise that Draco smells Pansy, again they are soulmates.

Class is over shorty after that and i'm met with Theo waiting at the door for me.

"Hi" I say quietly

"Hi" he says just as hushed

He hands me a note before he kisses my cheek and walks away. Weird.

I open the note and it says, " meet me at the astronomy tower at 7 pm" - Theo

There was a heart by his name. 

Unlikely pair // Theo Nottजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें