002. the moment i knew

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh my god!" I yell, jumping into Conrad's arms without a second thought. 

"What? Who is it?" Steven runs to the door and dropping the spatula from his hand when he sees Susannah walking towards him, arms open wide, "No way!" 

Conrad walks inside and closes the door, while still holding me in his arms. My legs tightly around his waist and one of his arms securely around my waist holding me against him. Everyone else walks into the kitchen, leaving us alone. 

"This is the best birthday surprise ever!" I yell excitedly, with happy tears filling my eyes. 

Conrad smiles as he sets me back down on the ground, making sure i had both feet planted safely before leaning down and pressing a longe kiss to my lips with a smile on his face. He wipes the tears that had escaped from my eyes with his thumb as he cupped my jaw in his hand. 

"Don't cry, you're meant to be happy on your birthday ell," he laughs.

"Happy tears Connie," I smile before hugging him one more time before running into the kitchen, holding Conrad's hand dragging hi along with me. 

I let go of Conrad's hand and run to Susannah who was waiting for me like she was for Steven before. I hug Susannah as if she'd disappear the next second, this time with even more tears making their way down my cheeks and probably soaking the lovely dress Susannah was wearing. 

"Happy Birthday My Stella," she whispers in my ear, hugging me tighter. She pushes me back to wipe the tears from my face, smiling at me, "You look beautiful my girl."

"I missed you so much Anna," i hug her again, looking over to Steven and Conrad watching us with smiles on their faces. 

"We brought presents!" Conrad holds up two bags for us, Susannah leaves her arm hung over my shoulders as she guides me over to sit down on the couch next to my brother. 

"Now Connie and I got you separate gifts but I wanted to give you mine first," Susannah explains, while handing us two bags and sitting down on the coffee table in front of us. I see mum pull her phone out and start taking pictures of us. 

I open a white bag, with 'My Stella❤️' personally designed on the bag, and Steven had his name on his too. I pull out a white box, with a blue bow on it. Susannah knew that was my favourite colour, she'd always buy me anything in blue she could find, and i'd love everything she'd buy, because it was from her. 

I pull the lid of the box off which revealed a lovely baby blue dress. I stood up and lifted it up so i could see the whole dress. It was a midi design, a baby blue fabric with little white daisy's on it, after my middle name. I looked in awe of the dress, and admired it even more that it was from Susannah. 

"Susannah, i ⎯," I choke up, my voice breaks and more tears fill my eyes. I blink them away as best i could, "I love it Anna."

Susannah stands up and hugs me, "I bought that for you to wear for your graduation Ell. It has Daisies on it, after our Stella Daisy Conklin. And it's obviously your favourite colour."

"Thank you so much, i'll definitely wear it," i smile as i sit back down next to Steven, Conrad now sitting in the middle.