" Listen, if, if, something goes terribly wrong. We will be able to stop it. I mean, we have you on our side. "

Ryan let out a chuckle at his words. Even though, she was immensely frustrated, she appreciated him trying to help.

" Right, sure. " She said, the smile quickly falling from her face. " Wait- She's awake, I hear her walking towards the elevator. "

Ryan and Gar walked out the bedroom towards the exit, quickly meeting up with the other Titans. They all silently watched as the mysterious women tried to exit but couldn't, the elevator not allowing her access.

" Going somewhere? " Rachel asked, causing her to slowly turn around and face the group.

Dick took the initiative, taking a step closer to her. " We need to talk. " He stated, turning around to face the teens. " Can you guys give us a minute? "

Gar, Jason, and Rachel all wordlessly obliged and made their way towards the training room. Ryan stayed behind, her eyes lingering on the sliver haired women. The women met her gaze with no fear, and she had an amount of confidence that Ryan rarely saw in someone.

" It's fine, Ryan. " Dick promised. " If anything goes bad you'll be the first to hear. "

With a huff, Ryan followed after her friends and met them in the training room.

Rachel and Gar were sitting across from another, eating chips, while Jason was training.

Ryan choose to the take the seat next to Rachel.

" What do you think he is going to ask her? " Gar asked the group.

" Probably just about who she is. " Rachel responded.

" He's offering her a sell job. " Jason interjected, a level of bitterness in his voice. " That's what he does, cause he can't resist a stray. "

" I mean, I knew he would be bringing in new people. I just.. didn't think it would be so soon. " Gar spoke.

" And like Ryan said, we don't even know if we can trust her. " Jason added. " Hell, we don't even know what the fuck she is. "

Ryan nodded her head in agreement with Jason.

" What she is, is a person who needs help. " Rachel retorted, her gaze moving along the group.

" Or- is she a person? " Gar asked. " How did she survive the jump? "

" You think she's a metahuman? Like me? " Ryan questioned.

" Yeah, or an alien, like Kory. "

" Well, if she was like Kory, those cops wouldn't be alive right now. " Rachel retorted.

" She can fight, though. " Jason thought out loud. " Whoever she is, she's had training. "

" Did you guys see her eye? " Gar interjected. " When Dick changed the bandage? "

" What about it? " Ryan shrugged.

" It was completely gone. But the wound had already healed. "

" You serious? " Jason questioned.

Rachel let out a sudden chuckle. " She has been here for one hour and you guys are already obsessed with her. "

" She's a freak. "

" I-I'm not obsessed. "

Jason and Gar spit out at the same moment, their eyes moving over to Ryan for a moment.

It made them both uneasy to think that Ryan could believe Rachel's words.

Ryan didn't even notice.

" Look. " Jason said, pushing past the awkwardness. " I think we should kick her ass out. "

void | titansजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें