Dead Man's Hand

Começar do início

"What's beating him?"

For the inner self to ask, not even Gwen knows about it.

"(I don't know...Ah, Uncle Bruce, I'll check on him to come back to talk about the robber families in a bit. I promise.)" she said to fly off.

Bruce sees for Gwen always listens to reasons.

"Thank you, Gwen, I know talking to you will be easy for Terry to understand. I'll also get Megan to lend a hand on their identities."

"Thank you, Mr. Wayne-Millionaire." Batwoman made a joke for the real Gwen to feel embarrassed afterwards. "What? I'm kidding."

Later at a night club, Terry meets up with Dana and begins apologizing for being late, but Dana says she wasn't expecting him and believes that Terry only cares about his job. Terry tries to explain the situation, but Dana ignores him while unknown to them, a blond girl is watching their argument outside. Terry says he doesn't intend to be late but has these new responsibilities, but Dana refuses to listen. Terry then says if she can't handle his job then they should forget about their relationship, but to his surprise Dana admits she has already forgotten it. Fed up, Terry leaves the club while Dana watches. Gwen changes back with her bracelet back on to check on Terry to not be so well.

"Terry?" she sees from the window of Dana not looking so happy. "Why is Dana rude to Terry? Aren't they close?"

"(Close as friends really.)" her inner self speaks up. "(Look, Gweny, there's something you should know about. Terry and Dana are...Oh, excuse me. Once in love with each other, but work gives Dana to not knowing of Terry as the Dark Knight Batman himself. The more for others to not learn about you or Terry's secret identities, the safer they'll be. But for Dana, she can be hard to understanding anything.)"

This was news to Gwen to not see about Terry was dating with someone.

"Oh, I see...He's a lucky person to be my friend."

Little does Gwen know but her other self, is that she wasn't feeling to well to have something going on with her entire body to happen out of nowhere. Huh? As Terry leaves the club, the blond girl intercepts him and reveals she witnessed the argument. They take a walk, where Terry begins explaining his problems to the girl, revealing his job takes a lot of his personal time. She tries asking more about the job, but Terry finds it hard to describe and changes the subject as to why she wasn't enjoying herself inside the club. She reveals she didn't know anyone, making Terry realize she is new to Gotham, she further explains that her parents move around a lot because of their work. Terry points out that at least she gets to see the world, but she mentions that she also loses her friends at the same time. They learn they each share similar problems and formally introduce themselves where the girl reveals herself as Melanie Walker. Suddenly much to his surprise, Melanie kisses him. Terry is mildly surprised, but Melanie admits it's always been 'now or never' for her. Terry then asks her out on a date to which she happily agrees. When Terry asks where to pick her up, Melanie replies it be better if he doesn't and instead, they arrange to meet the next night at midnight under the big clock. Terry assures he'll be there and Melanie leaves, but not before giving him a kiss on the cheek. For Gwen to see this, her head starts to hurt her without knowing why.

"(Ah, are you feeling cool? Or well, Gweny?)"

"I don't know...my head hurts." she said. "I think I need to go back and tell Uncle Bruce I'm going to bed early."

Terry returns to the Batcave. Bruce reminds him he's late and mentions Dana, however Terry reveals they broke up, Bruce assures him, they'll eventually get back together but right know they need to focus on stopping the Royal Flush Gang.