Chapter 10: Who's Ready To Party...not me

Почніть із самого початку

"Look, just give me the fucking ring back." She said sniffling and brushing past me and bumping my shoulder as she did.

"McKenna?" She turned around at the mention of her name and I saw her cheeks that were once pale became rosy and her clear blue eyes rim with tears.

"Are you ok?" Her eyes filled with more tears and she turned around walking towards my door.

"Just give me my ring back please." She said quietly and walked out the door.

I stood there in shock for a few moments going over what just happened in my head. That ring was obviously special to her and I had to find it. I had to.

My phone rang from my room and I went to go answer it and saw it was Jaime.

"Hey man." I said as I answered it.

"Hey are you coming to the barbeque? Mike said you were." I shook my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Nah man something came up." I said. The ring was my main priority. I couldn't tell him that though.

"Oh. What happened?" He asked. Of course he would ask. Nosy Jaime. Once a nosy Jaime always a nosy Jaime.

"What?" I asked rubbing my sleeve against the bottom of my phone to create some sort of sound.

"You're breaking up Jaime I can't hear you!" I said as he tried talking again, but I blocked him out.

"Yeah I'll talk you later...tunnel....b-bye." I said and hung up quickly. I sighed and slapped my forehead. Jaime was my best friend and I wasn't telling him anything. I'm a terrible friend.

My main mission now was to find that damn ring. Where would Vic hide stuff from himself? I asked myself and walked into the bathroom, I the cabinets to under the sink and rubbed my hand along the ridge that cabinets made and felt nothing.

I looked on the floor of the bathroom and found nothing yet again. Time to tear apart my room.

I started with bed because to me, that would be the most fun, I lifted the mattress and flipped it over to see if I put it under it. I saw my lyric book and opened it thinking I used it for a bookmark or something and slammed it closed angrily when I didn't see it and threw it across the room. It landed on the side of my dresser and I saw something shiny out of the corner of my eye and looked.

God does exist. There the amethyst ring sat shining from the sunshine cutting through the blinds on my window. This was great. I picked it up and examined it closely and smiled. This had to be it.

McKenna

I was sitting in the shower. Crying. Vic fucking hid it from himself. I'm never getting that ring back. I lifted my head and sniffled. I shouldn't be crying over this. Mom doesn't want me crying over something silly. I turned off the water and dried off with a towel.

I got lazy, so I just put on a robe and sat on my bed. I sat up and walked over to the boxes that held the family albums that my dad insisted I take at least one.

I pulled out the album and started looking through the different pictures. Like the one of me as a baby cuddled up with my mom. I remember how she told me that night, I was so restless, but once I finally fell asleep it was the most adorable thing so dad took a picture of it.

There were so many more pictures that I went through I smiled at every one. I found one of me in eighth grade and cringed. Teen years. Acne, braces. Ew. Why does she have this? I turned the page quickly to avoid looking at it anymore and found one of my mom still pregnant with me. My dad was in front of her with his hands on her feet. I smiled remembering when she told me about that.

*flashback*

"What about that one mom?" I said pointing to a picture of my with a swollen belly and my dad rubbing her feet.

"I remember that day!" She said laughing.

"We went to go visit your aunt Stacey in Manhattan. It SUCH a long walk, I still hold a grudge against your father for parking that far."

"IT WAS ONLY A BLOCK JO!" He yelled from downstairs.

"A BLOCK TOO LONG ED!! Anyways, I remember walking in and taking off my shoes and laying down. Your father knew the drill. Your aunt thought it was so cute." She said shaking her head.

"So I was like "glad you like my misery Stace." And she was like "hello to you too sis." Those were the days McKenna." She said smiling.
"What happened then mom?" I asked.
"You born that night my Angel." She whispered and kissed the side of my head.

I hiccuped a sob and wiped under my eyes from the continuous tears that fell down my cheeks. I couldn't look anymore. There were multiple fast knocks on my door and I groaned and got up to go answer it.

I carried the album with me until the kitchen where I placed it on the counter and continued walking towards the door.

I opened the door to see Vic smiling like an idiot and then looking me up and down before blushing furiously. I looked down and nodded. I was still in just my robe.

"What have you never seen a girl in a robe before?" I asked and furrowed my eyebrows. He cleared his throat and dug in his pockets happily and pulled a ring from his pocket.

"I found it!" He exclaimed and shoved it it my face. I nodded slowly and took the ring from his fingers.

The purple amethyst was encrusted in the middle and the diamonds still encompassed around it. It was mine. I had it back. I smiled as I looked up and at Vic who was smiling just as wide.

"Thank you." I whispered and jumped, throwing my arms around his neck and hugging him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and laughed.

"Its all good." He said simply.

"This means so much, thank you." I said pulling away from him.

He took a deep breath and wiped his hands on his jeans and smiled.

"Do you maybe wanna go out and get to know each other more?" He asked softly scratching the back of his neck.

"What? So just because you gave me my ring back and made me happy we're suddenly good?" I asked slipping the ring on my left ring finger, it was a perfect fit, like always.

"U-um, n-no I was just, ummm, I'm sorry, uh-" my laughing stopped his nervous ranting and he looked at me confused.

"I was joking Vic, sure let's go out."