Cressida Cowper muttered something to her mother. The smirk on her face told Harriet that she had been cruel. Once again, Harriet was not in the mood.

"Of course, some have the opportunity of marriage," Harriet sent Cressida a pointed glare, sending the girl slinking back into her seat, "It would be ideal to contact the child's father so that he may do his duty and marry the mother. Primrose House has reunited couples and allowed a proper marriage to blossom. If that is not the case, then the women shall be supported until they give birth. The Foundling Hospital received the vast majority, but a few are adopted out. Once that is done, the mothers can return to society. We hope to be able to teach them skills so that they can find jobs which afford them better security and safety."

She paused. After several more points, she decided to play on their emotions.

"When visiting, I met a young woman named Mary. She had been a servant in the household of a county gentry family. The son had seduced her with false promises before marrying a girl of his rank. Poor Mary was blamed by her master and mistress and was thus sent on the streets. Her local vicar kindly arranged for her to stay with Primrose House. I am told that Mary had her baby safely and is now working as a dressmaker's apprentice. Primrose House prevented her from working the streets to feed herself and her baby. Its work is vital. If you wish to help, please sign your name on this sheet here. Thank you very much. Refreshments will now be served."

There was a huge round of applause. Harriet moved to the chairs and was immediately met by her family.

"Well done, my dear," her mother embraced her, "You do so very well. I dare say everyone in here will offer to help."

"Thank you Mama."

"The Viscountess is right, you were excellent," Julia said, "I should love to help you in your endeavour."

"I would be most grateful to have my sister by my side."

Julia beamed. She loved how Harriet called her 'sister' and not 'sister-in-law.'

She was next greeted by Lady Bridgerton, Miss Eloise and the Duchess of Hastings.

"Your Grace, Your Ladyship, Miss Eloise," Harriet greeted them with a dainty nod of the head, "I am so honoured by your presence. The ton follows your lead."

"We were grateful for the invitation. It is something that Eloise is interested in doing."

"It is, but I do find it rather unfair that we blame the women but not the men for illegitimate children. Men should carry the responsibility as equally as the women do. How come they are not blamed and shamed for their ways?"

"Eloise," Lady Bridgerton chided.

"How is your son, Your Grace?" Harriet asked of Daphne.

"Augie is quite well, thank you for asking. He is starting to attempt to toddle but he is still too young to walk. My husband does insist that Augie might be advance and will thus be darting about in no time at all. You must be looking forward to your child being born."

"Deeply so."

"It is most rewarding."

"So I have been told. Ladies."

She moved onto Edwina, who was following them over.

"Miss Edwina."

"Your Highness," Edwina curtsied prettily, "I was so moved by your words. Sometimes I get the crime sheets from the servants and read about the poor women on the streets. Is it not heartbreaking? I hope to help but Mama wants me to wait until I am married. She says it's not right for an unwed woman to partake in such activities."

"Your mother is right. How are you?"

"Well, thank you, I am enjoying the season."

"What of Lord Bridgerton? I heard that he has been visiting you."

Edwina sighed, "I do not know what to think, he is so private about his feelings. He spends more time with my sister than me. Perhaps he holds a torch for her."

Harriet could understand that. The elder Miss Sharma was a very attractive woman. Still, she imagined the Viscount would want the season's incomparable, not the spinster sister.

"There are other men though," Edwina continued, "Lord Lumley is most agreeable and he loves literature. Mr. Dorset is very intelligent."

"Lord Lumley is a third son and Mr. Dorset has no title to inherit," Harriet reminded her, "The Viscount is in control of his own family."

"That is true. Perhaps he will come around."

"I am hosting a garden party for the unwed members of the ton and few others as chaperones. He shall surely be there and I hope you shall be too. Perhaps then he shall talk to you."

The Queen won't like not getting results.

"I shall attend. You have been a most gracious and kind hostess, Your Highness."

"I believe that we must help one another. I was terribly nervous about my season and I had lived in society my entire life. All I can do is ensure that you are helped. I shall ensure that all of the most eligible men will attend the party so that you have many to choose from. The invitation of course extends to you too, Miss Sharma."

Kate nodded as she walked up to her sister.

"You are most kind, Your Highness. If you'll excuse us, our mother calls us."

Edwina curtsied once again before scurrying off with Kate. Surely Edwina would not marry if Kate kept that close an eye on her at all times, thought Harriet.

"Harriet!"

Phoebe darted over.

"Thank goodness I am free of the vultures."

"You mean your mother and your sister?" an amused Harriet asked.

"Yes. I hate having to be around them. Would your mother consider adopting me as a fifth child? She has always been very good humoured."

"You have practically lived at my home since we were in leading strings," Harriet replied, "You are family. Besides, at least you are married now."

"That is true. Let us take a turn around the room so that I can tell you a rather exciting tale concerning the Viscount Wendell's exploits."

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed it.

Next Time: Harriet's hormones get her in the mood for intimacy with her husband.

Thanks again! You know what to do x