Babysitting A- Wait, That's My Neighbor;

Start from the beginning

"Is he going to turn back soon?" You ask, glancing at Aphmau.

"Lucinda says her mom knows a potion that'll work. Now we're just waiting." You look at the back of Zane's head, not sure what to think, before he glances over his shoulder to meet your eyes. He quickly hides in Aphmau's shoulder again. His stomach rumbles, which makes Aphmau outstretch him away from her shoulder and giggle.

"I think someone is sleepy and hungry. Aaron, this will be fun, just like when we babysat before, remember?" Aphmau says, positioning Zane on her hip, forcing him to face you and Aaron.

"Oh, man, I remember. Let's try not to get him stuck in a tree this time."

"You got a baby stuck in a tree?" You echo, terror laced in your voice.

Aphmau clears her throat. "Y/N, would you like to join us?"

"No!" Baby Zane screeched, which made your eyes fall on him again. His eye averts your gaze, red tinting his cheeks.

"If it's okay, then I don't mind... I mean, I have nothing to do." You were looking more for Zane's approval of your staying, so you waited. So, when his tiny head gave you a small nod, your smile softened.

"Of course, it's okay! Let's make Zu-Zu some food." Aphmau happily bounced to the kitchen, with you and Aaron slowly following behind.

"Sorry, you had to get dragged into this..." Aaron quietly told you.

"It's... fine. Actually, your reaction when you first opened the door worried me, so I thought I should check. Turns out I was worried about the wrong guy." You laughed a little, taking a seat by their dining table. Aaron chuckles.

"Yeah. I wonder how Zane is feeling right now..." You hum in response, watching Aphmau prepare a plate of boiled carrots.

"Mhm... So you said you got a baby stuck up in a tree..?"

"I... It's a long story... The baby's okay, though."

"I see..." You comment, watching Aphmau try to spoonfeed baby Zane, who was screaming at her not to. You laugh at the scene in front of you, your hand coming up to cover your mouth.

Zane's face blows up with red when he looks at you after hearing your laughter, before turning back to Aphmau. "See! Now Y/N's laughing at me!" You quickly raise your other hand and shake it, along with your still laughing head.

"Sorry, sorry. This is just a little cute." You calm yourself down before removing your hand from your lips, a small smile on your lips.

"Zu-Zu, you're too little to hold the spoon on your own!" Aphmau protested, holding the carrot-filled spoon. You recall something you learned about babies in college and offer your hand.

"Actually, if you're feeding Zane solids, then that means he can use utensils." You smile, before standing up from your seat. "Could you grab me a fork?" You politely ask Aphmau as you stand on the other side of Zane in his highchair.

"Sure!" Aphmau walks off to grab what you ask while you look at Zane, who looks down at his plate.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." You mumble enough for Zane to hear, but he just stays quiet until Aphmau comes back. "Thank you." You tell Aphmau, grabbing the fork from her with a smile.

You take Zane's plate away from him, causing his head to turn to you. You begin to carefully mash the carrots on the plate, turning the soft, boiled carrots into mush with the fork. Once you're done, you take the spoon from earlier and set it next to Zane.

"I remember during college that around this time, babies can eat solids and use utensils." You smile, explaining your actions. Zane looks at you briefly before using his baby hands to pick up the spoon next to his plate. Both Aphmau and you watch as Zane reluctantly feeds himself, albeit a bit clumsily in his baby form. Aphmau squeals, while your gaze softens further.