|| 28. Order of Suspension

ابدأ من البداية

Hagrid nodded and beckoned Dumbledore to come in. Y/N tilted her head to the side before her mouth fell open in surprise at the sight of the Minister of Magic, Dumbledore, and—

"Dad?" she whispered, her brow furrowing slightly.

The three men entered. "It's dad's boss! Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic!" Ron whispered quietly. Hermione nudged his side to make him stay quiet.

"...Had to come, three attacks on Muggle-Borns, things have gone far enough, the Ministry's got to act!" Cornelius Fudge's voice trailed off as he looked up at Harry sternly. Caspian, being the tall man he was, almost met Hagrid's height, about shoulder length. He crossed his arms and wore a serious expression.

"I'd never!" Hagrid interjected, his gaze flickering to Caspian and Dumbledore. "You'd know I'd never, Professor!"

Dumbledore sighed. "I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence—" he said proudly.

Caspian looked unamused, shaking his head. "Professor. I fear Hagrid's record is against him. I've tried all I can, Ministry's orders. We've got to take him."

"Take me where, Crimson?" Hagrid shot back. "Azkaban Prison? Over my dead body!" he declared. The four exchanged glances under the cloak, Y/N's brow furrowing in contemplation.

"Lay a hand on me, and I swear—" Hagrid threatened as he pointed a finger at the shorter and jet-haired man.

"Bite me, Rubeus," Caspian retorted, holding his wand threateningly close and kicking Hagrid's crossbow to the side.

Y/N nearly jumped out of the cloak, her teeth gritting. The three Gryffindors pulled her back and tried to calm her down before the door swung open, revealing a familiar obnoxious blonde man.

Caspian glanced between the four men. "Already here, Fudge, Caspian?" he said with a grunt as he walked in. "Good."

Hagrid furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms defiantly. "What're you doing here!? Get out of my house!"

Lucius scoffed as he ventured deeper into the room, getting uncomfortably close to the four hidden children. "Believe me, I have no interest in being here, either," he replied condescendingly, scrutinizing the house.

"You call this a house?" Lucius murmured, his tone dripping with disdain, before turning to look at Hagrid. "Now, I simply called the school and was informed that the Headmaster was here," he began, Dumbledore raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

"And what, exactly, do you want?" Dumbledore asked, his fists clenched at his sides, a stern expression on his face.

Lucius regarded Dumbledore with a cold, calculating look. "The other governors and I have decided it is time for you to step aside," he said with a blank expression, holding out a scroll that he tauntingly handed to Dumbledore.

"This is an order of suspension," he declared, moving to approach Dumbledore more closely, but Fudge intervened, holding the suspended scroll in mid-air.

Lucius tilted his head slightly, his eyes narrowing as he continued, "You'll find all twelve signatures on it." He watched as Dumbledore accepted the suspension reluctantly. 

"I'm afraid we feel you've rather... lost your touch," he added, scanning the room as he paced, inadvertently moving closer to the four hidden individuals as he spoke about the safety of Muggle-borns, a thinly veiled lie.

"You can't take Professor Dumbledore away!" Hagrid interrupted with stern determination. "Take him away, and the Muggle-Borns won't stand a chance!" he declared, his voice filled with conviction. "You mark my words, there'll be killings next!"