𝐅𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 | 02

CHAPTER TWO 🕸️

     MIGUEL CAREFULLY sets (y/n) down on her retractable couch, she presses down on the spider emblem on her chest deactivating her suit. it slowly disintegrated starting at the spider emblem until she was left in her sports-bra and biker shorts.

"first aid kit is in the bathroom, inside the cupboard behind the mirror," (y/n) muttered as she examines the damage on her arm, hip/side, and leg. she didn't have any open wound (excluding minor cuts and gashes) but her skin was literally red and blue, the blast from the sonic ray may not have penetrated her skin but it blew up some blood vessels to the point where she struggled to move the right side of the body as if she had a stroke. thankfully, she's not a normal civilian and can usually easily heal serious injuries in a fast pace.

a few moments later, miguel came back with the first aid kit in his hands. a comfortable silence filled the room as miguel treated (y/n)'s cuts and gashes.

"does it hurt?" he asks trying to be as gentle as possible while cleaning the wounds.

"yes and no?" the woman replied shrugging. "i mean yeah i can feel a bit of stinging but at the same time i can barely feel anything, i don't know how to explain it." miguel nodded not pressing any further.

after miguel patched her up (y/n) patted the empty spot next to her, he took the invitation to sit down. (y/n), who was now able to move her body (despite the slight soreness and numbness) faced miguel and scooched closer to him. she raised a hand towards his face, but before it touched his mask he gently held her wrist stopping her. "what are you doing?"

"returning the favor obviously," (y/n) replied and used her other to remove miguel's hold on to which he doesn't protest. she removed his mask and was immediately met by his piercing red eyes. (y/n) quickly avoided his gaze and studied his face, taking mental note of the cuts and bruises that formed during the fight, she then began to disinfect and bandage them up.

an awkward silence filled the room again, (y/n) suddenly remembered her and miguel's unfinished conversation from earlier that night. "talk," she said, breaking the silence.

"what?"

"talk," she repeated. "earlier this night when we first met, before we got interrupted you said you were looking for me because you needed my help. i don't think we'll get interrupted now, so talk."

miguel stared at her face as she continued to clean him up, he could tell she was nervous but decided to ignore it and focus on his mission. he told (y/n) everything she needed to know and how he's created a spider society that'll help maintain and protect the multiverse from destruction, miguel watched the woman's every move as he filled her in on everything.

"so you're telling me that you've been traveling across the multiverse to recruit and build an army of spider people?" (y/n) asks as she started to put the first aid kit away, to which miguel responded to with a nod. "and you're telling me that i'm one of the spider people that you've been wanting to find specifically?" miguel nodded again.

(y/n) raised an eyebrow at him in disbelief, "do you say that to every spider person you meet or am i actually really special? cause i honestly don't know why you'd want me on your spider army."

"stop fishing for compliments. we both know how powerful and talented you are," miguel said turning away from her. "you're not only skilled when it comes to hand to hand combat but you're also very skilled when it comes to technology and making weapons. that's an asset that the spider society desperately needs."

a small smile forms on (y/n)'s lips as miguel tells her the reason why he chose to recruit her, but despite how flattered she is to have someone praise and appreciate her for her abilities something held (y/n) back from accepting miguel's offer.

"i'm sorry," she said as she stood up and offered him a sad smile. "but i already have my hands full, i promised my dad that i'll look over new york for him. i won't let his sacrifice go in vain."

miguel stood up and began to follow (y/n) as she starts to walk away, "look (y/n) hear me out—" he starts in attempt to convince her but a loud beep from (y/n)'s watch cuts him off.

"that was my sister i have to go," (y/n) muttered as she looks up from her watch. "i'm sorry miguel, i truly do want to help but i made an oath. i have to me my people— my universe first, i hope you get lucky with the next spider person you recruit though."

she then taps the spider emblem engraved on her chest to activate her suit, when fully suited she heads towards the window. before jumping out, she took one last glance at the man behind her. "it was nice meeting you miguel o'hara," she said smiling then jumped out of the window.

miguel sighed as he watched her swinging figure slowly disappear from sight, if it was another spider person he would have just leave it at that and move on to the next one but there's something about (y/n) rivera that he can't shake the feeling off. he just know that he somehow has to see her again, and possibly convince her to join the spider society.

— 🕸️ —

A/N:
this was a rough chapter lmao, not my best work but oh well. anyways GUYS I MADE ANOTHER ONE😭 i made another miguel fic but with some heavy angst hehehe go check it out! its called "glimpse of us" anyways, thanks so much for taking the time to read this book! don't forget to vote and comment!

unedited...