"I get it, me and my brothers get into a whole bunch of arguments all the time. Don't get me wrong I love them a lot—but they're so annoying , that's why i'm glad I'll have a year to myself when we go to school." Donald mumbles to himself as he digs into the pockets of his indigo swimming trunks, pulling out a crumbled 5 dollar bill, he ran his thumb and index finger across it to straighten it out.

"You know what you want right? I'll get it for you."

My eyebrows raised as my eyes got big, I was quick to decline his offer, i overheard mama saying don't began to accept a man's offer to buy you something so quick, he'll think you're just after his money all along, it's how my Aunt Beverly got caught up when she went out with this famous football player "Oh no it's okay. I'm sure Derek and Dalvin want something. I just wanted a Slushy and some Doritos anyways."

Donald shook his head side to side, it was like this boy was too good to be true, what boy you know still pays for a girl's food and snacks nowadays, Mikey was wrong, not all Charlotte boys were bad, Donald was just being a good friend to me, "Monica it's fine, I have enough to get what we both want. Just tell me."

"Um... I want a medium blueberry slushy, the Doritos, Skittles, and the gummy bears." I spoke shyly, Donald giggled, nodding before we finally made it up to the counter. There was a fair skinned guy with a black Jheri curl hairstyle behind the counter in a basic red tee, he looked no older than twenty one, must be a summer job for him, he looked almost identical to El DeBarge.

"What can I getchu' kiddos today?"

"Sup Marvin, let me get A medium blueberry slush, Doritos, skittles, gummy bears for my friend. And get me a large cherry slush, two bags of Cheetos, a pack of M&M's without the nuts, some Chilli cheese fries, a small mixed snow-cone, a king sized snickers bar... and a hot dog with ketchup." My eyes almost popped out of my sockets as I overheard all the food Donald ordered for himself. The Marvin guy chuckled as he wrote down all what Donald and I wanted before passing it behind him to the cocoa brown girl around his age with a red tennis hat on top of her long brown hair.

"Dang Don, you always eatin' up all my shit." The Marvin guy chuckled along with Donald as he waved him off, Marvin's brown eyes then traveled over to me with a friendly tight grin.

"What's your name, sunshine?"

"Oh this is Monica, Tall Mike's little sister. This her first time here so make sure you tell your brother to watch these kids." Donald spoke up from me, Marvin smiled, nodding at me as I waved back at him. I looked over my shoulder and I seen a average height skinny boy with pecan skin and a Jheri curl sitting in the tall life guard chair in the corner near the pool, he wore a  Kansas City Chiefs hat on top of his head in this hot weather.

"I gotchu' Don. Y'all stuff should be ready soon." Marvin replied with a nod as he took Donald's 5 dollar bill into his hands before turning his back towards us.

"Who's his brother?"

"David, he must've came back from Compton and got a lifeguard summer job. They have the same dad but different moms, I think David is going to Chapel Hill too, he's just a freshman in college, Marvin's the oldest out of all the siblings he got." Donald says as we continue to stare at the boy, but not too long to where he'd notice.

"And how can you eat all of that food without getting a tummy ache!?!" I cackle loudly as Donald soon joined me, he shrugged unknowingly, stuffing his hands into his pockets, his upper back pressing against the counter as his eyes squinted.

"I don't know, I'm like a little over  one hundred  pounds wet. I could eat fifty hot dogs, thirty seven hamburgers, twenty four cups of fries with twelve milkshakes, and I'll be as skinny as a pencil!" I guess food just doesn't affect his weight, I wish it was like that with me, I eat one bowl of cereal and I'll have a big belly like my Grandaddy Joe.