"That won't be for a while with all the snow we been having." He replied. Currently, there wasn't any snow falling, but the remnants of the snow storm from a couple days ago decorated the city, reminding Amina of a snow globe. "Gives you some time to admire your clubs, before putting them to use." Amina lightly chuckled, causing the driver to do the same. After their prattle, the ride fell silent, which didn't bother Amina at all.

Soon, the ride came to an end. Amina said her goodbyes to the driver before slipping out of the car. A smile stretched across her face as she stood in front of her hair salon, taking it all in. Every time her feet were planted in front of the salon and she read the sign at the top, she couldn't believe it. Adaya's had been open for 2 months now and was flourishing beyond what Amina imagined. Her foot steps tracked to the door, she swung open the golden A shaped door handle before stepping inside, allowing the soles of her shoes to touch the marble floors. Instantly, she was greeted by her staff and the clients in their chairs.

Just as planned, Amina had the best stylists in the city working in the shop. All specializing in different hairstyles. Wigs, sew ins, micro links, natural hair, silk presses and everything else you could think of. Amina took a step back from doing hair, to properly manage her business. She'd pop in every now and again for her loyal clients, but her days were no longer consumed with styling hair for hours. With the help of Ro and his family, she was able to source a raw Indian hair vendor, straight from India. In the hair salon was an area that doubled as a store, so the clients could purchase extensions.

After making her rounds around the shop, making sure everything was in order, she slipped into her office. In the midst of logging into her website provider, her phone began to ring, sending a vibration through the pocket of her jacket. Amina briefly eyed the caller ID before answering the call, "Hey." She greeted Chalyn. "Hey, did you land yet?" Chalyn questioned.

"Yeah, I made it to the salon and everything." Amina replied as she put the phone on speaker and sat it close enough for Chalyn to still hear her. "I gotta tell you something, Mimi." Chalyn announced, instantly captivating Amina's attention. Her voice was shaky, indicating that she was nervous about whatever was about to come out of her mouth.

"You know how I went to that Christmas party at Blue's last night?" Chalyn questioned, Amina nodded her head yes. "Yeah." She replied, feeling edged with all the theatrics her friend was putting on.

"Ro came too...we drank, one thing led to another and we had sex." Chalyn announced. Amina dramatically choked on her saliva, causing Chalyn to playfully kiss her teeth before chuckling. "Amina." She sternly spoke.

"Bitch, I thought you ain't like him." Amina teased as she grabbed the phone. Funny enough, while her friend was distraught, Amina couldn't help but to smile so hard that her umber cheeks were probably rosy. "Bitch, I don't—I told you one thing lead to another." Chalyn replied before letting out a long sigh.

"I don't know what this means for our friendship group. I don't want things to be awkward between everybody." Chalyn stressed. Meanwhile, Amina was still stuck on what Chalyn announced to her. She was surprised, because she didn't detect any sexual tension between the two. She had to admit, this would definitely put a dent in the friend group, especially with Chalyn not wanting a relationship right now. While speaking to Chalyn, Amina grew eager to hear Ro's side of things.

"Well...was it good?" Amina raised her eyebrow, causing both girls to laugh. "It was, and that's a big ass problem," Chalyn answered before blowing breath from her nose.

"Damn Cha." Amina lightly chuckled. She grabbed her pen and began to mark in her calendar. "Have y'all talked since?" Amina questioned.

"No..I honestly don't know what to say—I don't want a relationship or nothing, but I might have to spend the block again, cause...damn." Chalyn voiced. Truthfully, Amina didn't know what advice to give to her friend. The event wasn't on her bingo card, it honestly felt like a fever dream. "Y'all gotta talk eventually." Is all Amina could manage to say.

PARADOXOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara