Squirreltail's eyes seemed to burn. "NO! WE ARE NOT DOING FIGHTING TRAINING BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANY MORE SCARS ON MY FACE! NOW GET TO YOUR HUNTER'S CROUCH AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING PROPERLY!"

Suddenly, white paws parted the ferns and Skyfeather waltzed into the sandy hollow. "Do you need some help, Squirreltail?" he asked breezily.

"You haven't even had an apprentice before!" Squirreltail snarled.

"I don't understand why. I'm not that much older than you, but I have younger siblings that are almost warriors. Then again..." he sighed. "Silverlight did become deputy right after we became apprentices, and then she had kits right after that."

"Don't you dare speak Silverlight's name unless you're insulting her!" Frostpaw growled, baring her teeth at Skyfeather.

Skyfeather frowned. "She's still my mother, Frostpaw. Nothing can change that. I admit, she made some horrid decisions, but she tried her best for us."

"You know what I know but you don't, Skyfeather? Silverlight never made it to StarClan!" Frostpaw snarled.

"What?" Skyfeather took a step back. "How-how do you know?" His soft, gentle eyes had switched to those of a grieving warrior. "Why....?"

"I saw StarClan, and she wasn't there. Probably scrabbling int he Dark Forest!" Frostpaw snarled, and with that, she turned tail and stormed off.

She reached camp, but nothing was going better there.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU ACCIDENTALLY KILLED HER WHILE TRAINING?" came a bellow. Killed her? Her? It's not... it can't be, right? Frostpaw ran into camp, terrified. And there, her worst fears came true. Stormpaw's bloodied body lay in the center of camp and she was dead, as dead as dead got.

"I said, it was an accident! Stormpaw wanted to train with unsheathed claws, so we did, and-" Dewfrost and Brightpaw seemed to be trying to explain.

"Oh, is that true? You think I'll be softer with you just because you're my son?" Amberfrost growled, her eyes boring into his. "If you were fighting with claws unsheathed, Dewfrost, why is the only blood on you Stormpaw's? Also, why were you fighting with claws unsheathed? The last time we did that, you saw what happened to your sister! You see her face now! Awful! Messed up! And you did that again anyway! Now Stormpaw is dead!"

"What, nobody cares!" Dewfrost fired back. "She's the daughter of stupid Silverlight, why would any cat care about her, not after all Silverlight's done?"

Frostpaw leapt on top of Dewfrost and tackled him to the ground. She'd had enough of this. "I don't care if she was the daughter of Silverlight," she hissed. "And if I could love her, many others could as well. She was a great cat. Now dead to your claws. And now you shall die to mine."

"Frostpaw, stop!" Amberfrost snarled.

Frostpaw almost killed Dewfrost, but she stopped herself. Slipping into killing again? Where on earth had her guilty conscience gone? If nothing stopped her from killing automatically, then she had to restrain herself, even if that was difficult. She slowly tiptoed off Dewfrost but immediately he lunged at her. 

"You're a savage!" he hissed. "Do you know how many cats you've killed? Seven, Frostpaw, seven, and you're a brand new apprentice! No, we're done with you. SummerClan doesn't need savages like you." He unsheathed his claws to deal the killing blow, and Frostpaw slackened in his grip. Well, she could die now, she supposed. Without Stormpaw, life wasn't really worth living.

"What's going on in here?"

Three medicine cats had just rushed into camp. Moonshine from WinterClan,  Skytail from AutumnClan and Mottledpelt from SpringClan.