31. Place Where She Died.

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Your Highness, we will make sure to guard this place with utmost caution and not let any intruders in your private space." The two shouted and Ara frowned slightly before she stepped up the stairs and the guards opened the doors and bowed before us.

They were more scared of Ara than of me.

Ara walked inside the large hall which was lined with bookshelves from ground till the four floors. Ara looked around a little while Felix started speaking about how she used to spend some of her time here and how all of the books in here were read by her except for the ones in the section where Athanasia's books were.

"You had ordered that nobody else should enter this place except for Imperial family, myself and your friend the young Warlock."

She nodded seeming like she was doing that absentmindedly as she stopped near a book which made her eyes go slightly wide.

She reached out and pulled the book from the shelf.

"The Memoirs of Athernitas." She spoke before she opened the book and started sifting through the pages.

A smirk appeared on her lips as she scoffed and then tossed the book in the air and it exploded leaving no trace behind.

"Nothing but lies. I committed suicide because I was too weak? And the Mage went into despair because of that bastard's death? This would even make the dead laugh. I was capable of bringing down the palace with a single spell even at that time and the Mage was never fond of Athernitas." She hissed before she turned and started walking out of the library.

"D-Did Your Highness know the Mage of the Tower personally?" Felix asked as we stepped out of the library and started heading away.

"He was the one who taught me most of my magic." She said and her eyes suddenly turned glassy as she added.

"He was a close friend."

I couldn't help but have a bitter taste in my mouth at the tone she used for this Mage. Was she really so close to him?

"How coincidental! You, I mean Princess Amara... Uh... Well, you're also quite close friends with the current Young Warlock but he's recently vacated his position as the Royal Warlock." Felix said and I wondered just where did that brat go.

He was so close to Ara that she had made him her escort for her Debutante. And he just left without saying anything?

We passed by some other places before we stopped at the rose garden of Emerald Palace. Athanasia was there on the table where we'd usually have our tea parties.

 Athanasia was there on the table where we'd usually have our tea parties

"Ara? Daddy?" Athanasia smiled brightly as she saw us.

I looked at Ara from the corner of my eye as she looked at Athanasia blankly. She hadn't been anywhere close to Athanasia since the day she'd woke up after the mana explosion and even after learning about herself she hadn't bothered to reconcile with Athanasia, whom she had loved more than her life.