chapter two

'This brat has rabbits in this house?!! He didn't look like the kind of a person who would show affection to humans, let alone animals.' Wuxian thought to himself.

He didn't realize when when he fell asleep reading the never ending rules.

When Wuxian woke up, he was already late for work. While rushing out of the house, he grabbed a piece of toast lying on the table.

Wang Ji slapped his hand and the bread fell from Wuxian's hand. Wang Ji said, "Rule 48 - No breakfast after 9 AM." Wuxian frowned, but he had no time to argue so he left the house empty stomach.

Work was hectic like usual, and Wuxian was exhausted. He managed to get himself ramen for lunch and was immersed in work till late at night. While returning home, Wuxian was going through the Majestic-Rule-Book-of-that-young-brat, as Wuxian likes to call it, again. While flipping pages he came across the rule number - '57. No dinner after 9:30 PM.'

Wuxian looked at his watch, it was 9:45 PM, he shut his eyes in disappointment and stopped at the local take out, 2 streets away from his new house. He had some fish and rice and got engrossed in a great conversation with a middle-aged man. After some nice laughs, he was ready to walk back home. He lost track of time with that man but it didn't matter. It wasn't like Ah Xu-ah was waiting at home. A wave of sadness overtook his otherwise happy mood and the boy decided to start reading the Rule-book again.

'Rule- 58. Carry your key at all times.' Wuxian checked his coat pocket, "Oops I forgot today."

'Rule- 59. I will not open the door at any cost after 10 PM.' Wuxian's eyes popped out of their sockets. His pace became faster. He checked the time immediately, it was 10:39 PM. He slapped his hand on his forehead. 'Only if I read that rule sooner.' He thought.

He stood outside the main gate and stared blankly. He had no courage to ring the bell. After few seconds of gathering himself, he knocked, hard. But no response. He rang the bell too, but no response. If it was any other place, he would have climbed in through the window, but he didn't dare this time. He was reminded of the rule under 'Severe Rules-' '3. NO DAMAGE TO BE CAUSED TO MY HOUSE.'

Wuxian resigned to his fate and sat outside the main door. He drifted off to sleep again while reading the Rule-Book.

Wuxian woke up haphazardly when a glass of water was splashed on his face. He opened his eyes to see Wang Ji standing at the gate with an empty glass of water. Wang Ji said, "Rule Book- Page 17, Rule. 47. You cannot sleep outside the house past 6 AM."

Now Wuxian was at the verge of tears. But without saying anything, he picked up his stuff and followed Wang Ji back in. While he was heading towards his room, Wang Ji said, "Sleeping with wet clothes on the bed is a violation of Rule. 5- Taking care of all house property."

"I KNOW!" Wuxian replied loudly. Wang Ji stepped closer to Wuxian, glaring coldly, who suddenly realised that he had broken a rule. Wang Ji said, "You must not shout in the house of Lan Wang Ji."

"I know, I'm sorry." Wuxian said.

"100 times, before 9 AM, on the breakfast table." Wang Ji said coldly, and left.

Wuxian took a bath, changed into fresh clothes and started writing the rule 100 times, as Wang Ji has told him to. He was cursing the boy mentally, but dared not utter a single word because cursing was also prohibited in the house of Lan Wang Ji. It was 8 AM when an amazing smell rushed into Wuxian's nostrils. The boy rushed out with the piece of apology paper in his hand and kept it on the dining table.

Wang Ji was cooking breakfast. It smelled delicious and Wang Ji looked beautiful while mixing the doe with one hand and flipping the roasted bread with another.