ONE

‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵

Vaella Velaryon sat alone in her chambers, her small form curled up on the window seat. The golden sunlight spilled into the room, casting a warm glow on the floor, but it failed to reach the depths of her sorrow. It had been a few days since she had been separated from her family, and the ache in her heart only seemed to grow stronger with each passing moment.

Her emerald eyes, usually so bright and full of life, were clouded with sadness as she stared out at the Red Keep's gardens. Her hair, once neatly braided, now hung loose and tangled around her shoulders, a visible reflection of her emotional turmoil.

As if sensing her melancholy, the chamber door opened, and Queen Alicent entered, her expression filled with compassion. She took in the sight of Vaella, her disheveled appearance, and the tear stains on her cheeks. Without a word, she moved closer, kneeling down beside the young girl.

"Vaella, my dear," Alicent spoke softly, her voice gentle like a soothing melody. "Let me help you."

Vaella looked up, her eyes meeting Alicent's with a mix of surprise and vulnerability. "But I'm just a mess," she murmured, her voice filled with self-consciousness.

The queen smiled tenderly, reaching out to gently brush a strand of tangled hair behind Vaella's ear. "There is beauty in your sorrow, my sweet child. But sometimes, a little tidying up on the outside can help you feel better," she said, her voice filled with warmth.

Vaella's eyes widened as she allowed Alicent to wipe away the tears from her cheeks with a soft cloth. The queen's touch was gentle, her fingers caressing Vaella's face with care. As she smoothed the young girl's hair and straightened her dress, a sense of comfort and belonging washed over Vaella.

"You have the strength of your mother in you, Vaella," Alicent whispered, her voice filled with affection. "And I am here to support you, to care for you. We are family." No matter how much Alicent did not like Rhaenyra she could not lie that her old friend is strong and fierce.

Vaella's heart skipped a beat at those words, a flicker of hope igniting within her. She leaned into Alicent's touch, feeling a bond forming between them—a connection that went beyond titles and bloodlines.

"Thank you, Your Grace," Vaella whispered, her voice filled with gratitude and a newfound sense of belonging. "I...I would like that."

Alicent smiled, a tender glow in her eyes. "Call me Alicent, my dear," she said softly. "For one day, when you marry my son, we shall be more than queen and princess. We shall be mother and daughter."

Vaella's eyes widened, her heart swelling with joy and anticipation. The realization of what lay ahead blossomed within her, filling her with a sense of warmth and love.

Together, they shared a moment, a subtle yet profound understanding passing between them. In that intimate exchange, the seeds of a mother-daughter relationship were planted, destined to grow and flourish in the days to come.

And as Alicent continued to groom Vaella, tending to her physical appearance with tenderness and care, it was a silent promise—a promise of a newfound family and a love that would heal the wounds of loss and bring light to their shared path.