9. Glow

HAILEY POV:

It's been three weeks since me and Jake have started dating and it's definitely not awkward anymore. Its been the best three weeks of my life.
We've been on a million dates, hanging out at each others houses well mainly Jakes cause of Zander.. but it's been amazing. Jake was taking me to mini golf, yes I know not the ideal date but it was his idea so. "Okay, I'm going on a walk!" I called going downstairs. "How long will you be honey?" Shannon asked me. "Maybe and hour or two."

"Walking?" Bethany scoffed. "W-When did she get here?" I splattered looking around. "She's got a date!" She grinned. "No I don't!" I lied. "You been going out a lot lately.." Shannon flatly said. Omg. "Why would I go on a date in this?" I laughed pointing at my outfit. "Basic crop top and shorts." Bethany continued to grinned. "I'm going out on a walk!" I snapped. "alright, make sure to add me back on snap." She smiled manically. "Wha.. you have snap?"

"Yes! You have your location on right?" She asked. "Ye.. no." I lied. "So who is the boy?" She smirked. "No one! There is no boy! I'm.. I just want to look nice while walking!" I said trying to convince her. "Is it Jake?"

"W-Wha.. What!? Pff- Jake? Him and me? Please!" I forcefully chuckled. "It's Jake!" She giggled. "Beth! It's not!" I lied. "Ooo! I promise I won't tell Zander!" She laughed before running off. "Beth!"

Whatever. I'm gonna go. I left the house and walked down the street. "Hey Ley!" Jake exclaimed as I walked up to him. "Ley?" I asked. "Yes so Hailey is Hai - ley! Hai sounds like hey and ley sounds like urm.. ley! So hey ley!"

"I don't know what you just said." I judged him starting to walk. "Anyway, what colour ball you want?" He asked. "Purple." I said. "No! I wanted that!" He sulked.

__

We got there at six pm and Jake went to the register. "Alrighty princess," He smiled  "Here is your ball and club!" He handed me the club completely dropping it but trying to act cool swinging his club around his shoulder walking away. I laughed and followed him inside to the first pot.

"It's glow in the dark?" I exclaimed looking around. "Yes!" He smiled. "Over here!" He pointed at the first hole and placed the ball down. "I'll show you cause I'm amazing." He bit his lip wiggling his hips and bending down. "Ready?" He got ready to hit it and... missed. I let out a snort.

"Yes. Amazing." I laughed. "You try then!" He said trying to act cool. "Alright" I said. I got it in. "How?" Jake gasped. "I'm amazing that's how." I smirked swinging the club around my back.

__

"Bethany wants to add me on Snapchat." Jake exclaimed. "Beth?" I asked looking up from my meal. We were in the cafe near the golf course, I was eating a basic burger and so was Jake. "Yeah." He said. "God. She thinks we are dating can you believe that?" I chuckled. "But we are?" Jake said. "Well duh but she doesn't know." I said. "When are you gonna tell them?" Jake asked me. I sat there silently looking at my drink. "Never?"

"Hailey." Jake frowned. I know. We really should be telling them, it's been three weeks! But I've been really happy and I don't want to ruin it. "Hails I understand that you are scared but it's almost a month and Milly keeps losing money to Luke."

"I know I'm just not ready yet." I sighed. "When you are ready." Jake sighed before smiling. God I love him so much. "But we owe Milly a lot of money." He chuckled.

___

I arrived home and quietly snuck in. Zander and Bethany where passed out on the couch so I had to be extra quiet. "Hailey?" I heard a voice whisper. I stayed quiet. "Hailey? You Where on that walk for ages!" It was Shannon. "Yeah sorry bumped into some friends and forget to text!" I whispered. "Okay that least I know where you where. Next time tell me." She said before heading back to the kitchen. Thank god. I rushed upstairs.

___
Jake POV:

I got home and set my bag down. Hailey is so amazing. "Where you with Haileyyy?" Milo smirked from around the corner.  "Yes!" I said. "Did you kisss?" He teased. "You don't need to know what we did." I said. "Fine." He groaned going into the kitchen and raging the fridge. I walked up stairs and got a notification from Snapchat. Luke🐸 is typing..

I opened it and.. it was horrific.
'Ik ur dating Hailey'

Shit.

Oh. Um okay.

I immediately switched to Hailey

Okay. I don't know now.
Um. K.

___
Next day

I met up with Hailey, Zander and Luke by the school gates. Luke was grinning while me and Hailey felt very awkward, Zander was on his phone and didn't even notice. "Ugh Milly is texting me about going golfing." Zander groaned. I immediately darted a look at Hailey. "Why does she wanna go there?" Hailey scoffed. "Jake went last night and she wants to go as a group." Zander said. Hailey glared at me "why would you post that you where golfing last night!" Hailey whispered-snapped at me. "It was streaks! I must of done story!" I whispered back. "Doofus!"

"I think it's a great idea." Luke said glancing at me and Hailey bickering. "Mhm!" Hailey squealed. "Next time check with me before you post anything!" She whispered. "Anything?" "Anything."

We saw Milly and Sean waiting by the lockers. "Hey guys!" She said. "So Zander you wanna?" She asked. "Maybe. If Luke goes I will." He softly said. "God you guys." Milly said grossed out. "I'm sure you're like that will Elliot!" He hissed. "Bleuh!" Milly stuck her tongue and Zander did the same. "Guys stop with this couple thing." I sighed. "Get yourself a boyfriend Hailey then see." Milly scoffed. "Yeah Hailey!" Jake agreed with Milly looking me up and down in disgust, Milly sided eye him before turning back and arguing with Zander.