↳ 𝙎𝙖𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙪'𝙨 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙨

Depuis le début

You introduce yourself as well. You're definitely awkward at first, and he notices. So he tries to get you to loosen up. He cracks a couple of jokes, however, you don't laugh. After that failed attempt he asks, "What do you do?"

"I'm a full-time student." You answer, and his eyebrows raise. Of course you are, Satoru will make sure the mother of his child is comfortable. You watch as he waves at the waiter to walk over and take your order. You've barely looked at the menu though. You feel awkward and mean to even think about dismissing the waiter, so instead you order the first thing on the menu. "How about you?"

"I'm a cult leader." He responds, and your eyebrows raise, your eyes clearly displaying worry. Before he bursts into a laugh. You awkwardly laugh in response too, "Man, you don't seem to have a sense of humor."

"That's so mean to say... But you're right. I'm just a tad bit nervous." You confess. "I've just been thinking about this... Isn't it awkward for you? Are you actually comfortable with this?"

"With what?" He plays dumb. He knows exactly what you're talking about. You smile at him and then shake your head. You begin to converse about something else, and you start to loosen up. He actually makes dumb jokes that you laugh at.

Everything goes so well, until someone that you weren't expecting approaches your table. You find the father of your son staring right at your date, and you furrow your brows as you look at Satoru. He doesn't even care to acknowledge you while staring at Suguru. Suguru looks at you and asks,

"Do you know who this is? Why is he here?" You glare at Satoru and you're so tempted to shake your head. But perhaps you'll end up being friends with Suguru, and you don't want him to later find out about the fact that Satoru is,

"He's the... Father of my baby." You reveal, almost ashamed to admit it.

"Don't act like a damn idiot, Suguru. You know who I am." Satoru says, and you're taken back by the fact that Satoru knows who Suguru is. You only ever mentioned his name to the man and that was over a week ago. However, Suguru doesn't seem to know who Satoru is. "I should've warned you. If you even try to touch her, I'll kill you."

Satoru doesn't try to be discreet, and now there's eyes on you. You feel your face get warm, and you end up standing up. You can't even look directly at Suguru as you mutter, "I'm so sorry, I think we should go. I'll ask Kaya for your number."

You grab Satoru's hand and try to drag him out of the restaurant, you don't have to use much force since the man complies. The moment you're outside, you cross your arms and just glare at him. You chew on the inside of your cheek, trying to decipher what the right words at this moment are. "Satoru... I'm just so... Disappointed right now."

"Let me hear about your feelings." He responds. You take a deep breath before you answer.

"I'm just... Why can you have a girlfriend but when I have a date you come and ruin it? I was starting to have fun with him, but you came and threatened to kill him in front of everyone for no reason." You argue.

"Don't you think I'd have a reason? Do you think I would just threaten to kill him for no apparent reason?" He questions and you slowly nod in response. It's not like Satoru has given you too many reasons to trust him. You can rely on him financially, but you have no other reason to put your trust one hundred percent on him. "I know I haven't handled things the best way but... I'm asking you to trust me on this. Suguru is not your friend and if he wants to get close to you, it's to hurt me. And please trust me, the father of your child, over a mere stranger."

"I don't even know what to say..." You shake your head disapprovingly. You pinch the bridge of your nose before sighing. "I'll trust you. But you have to tell me why. I can't just ignore him for the simple reason that you don't like him."

"It's a really long story." Satoru answers, and you roll your eyes. You begin to walk away, but not back into the restaurant, "Won't you just trust me?"

"I want to hear your reasoning. We have so much time to kill." You respond. He follows behind you as you walk back to your apartment, which isn't too far away. "This baby isn't coming out yet, you think you can tell me between that time?"

"Why are you so mad? You two literally just met, it's not like I ruined anything?" He questions and you come to a stop. You turn to face him, clearly irritated with him.

"It's not about Suguru. It's about the fact that you can be all happy with Leiko, and what do I do? Nothing. But the moment I go out on a date, you come to ruin it. Worst of all, you don't give me an explanation." You tell him, and he sighs. "Or what? Do you not want your baby to have a stepfather? Do you just want me to stay single? You're so crazy, you were just encouraging me to go out with someone else–"

"I don't want you to go out with him– And don't even suggest him becoming the stepfather of my son." Satoru says, making you turn around and walk away again. "Plus, I'm breaking up with Leiko."

"I'll believe it when I see it!"