"EHHH?!"

"Oh, but don't worry! It won't be a problem if we treat it now."

Everyone sighed in relief at that. So Banda decided to take Kusaka with him to be treated while the rest of them went on with practice. However, understandably, not a single one of them were able to focus properly.

~~~~~

"That joint practice with Ratoniik sure brought a lot of mixed feelings." Shinsuke muttered as they took their seats at an open space near the station.

They had already planned to have lunch there from the day before, but none of them were in the mood to eat after what had happened.

Ibuki nodded from beside him. "Even during practice, I couldn't help but think if this guy or that guy's life only lasted a month too."

"But they never gave off that sort of feeling at all." Tetsukado said, shaking.

The carefree smiles of the Ratoniikans practically haunt their memories.

Manabe pushed his glasses up as he began to speak. "It's just as Banda said. Time passes differently for them here. There are apparently species in the galaxy that live for hundreds of years. From their point of view, to us, they could say, 'Huh? You only live for 80 years? That's so sad!' and such."

"I know that!" The ex-boxer snapped back, standing up. His hands balled into tight fists as his shaking got worse. "In my head, I understand that, but... How do I say... emotionally, it's..."

Sakura sighed. "And I thought this was a fun planet..."

And the tense atmosphere became sullen once again.

"What are you thinking about?" Aoi suddenly spoke. Looking up, they all saw her staring at their captain.

"O-Oh..." His gaze went to the foliage above them. "I was wondering what life is."

"Life?"

"Mm... When Coach Kuroiwa first told us that we'd be going out into space to fight, I never really thought about what sort of place the galaxy was like." He chuckled slightly. "I just had this vague idea that there were different planets, and that I had to go there to protect Earth... But then, we went to Sandorias, then Sazanara and Gardon... and I felt it. The planets throughout the galaxy are all so different. And the people who live there are also really different."

"The Sandorians are a very prideful people." Ichikawa and Konoha looked up at that.

"And I never dreamed there would be aliens who could see people's thoughts." Minaho and Matatagi's eyes widened.

"The Gardonian's planet is full of volcanoes, and they tried bettering themselves so that they could make a life in that harsh environment." Shindou and Ibuki remembered that well.

"But no matter what planet we went to, everyone was the same." Tenma went on, a smile forming on his face. "They fight desperately to protect their planet, so that life can continue. Coming out to space has made me realize... All life in this galaxy has the right to live. No planet deserves to be destroyed!"

And that raised their spirits up once again.

"That's why we need to win the championship." Shindou agreed. "So that we can protect their lives too."

"Yes!"

The others let out other voices of agreement. Only a single voice didn't join their cheer.

Manuuba did his best not to look annoyed (as he had to join in as well to not look suspicious) as he turned to the blonde beside him. "Something on your mind?"

On The Side Of The Pitch With Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें