"What a gentleman."

"Always sunshine."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Mhm?"

"Why were you staring at me?"

"I was zoned out mostly to be honest. George had to elbow me whenever a question was directed towards me."

"Oh sorry I just assumed.."

"Don't be sorry. I didn't even notice I looked at you the whole time. I get that you assumed it."

I smiled sweetly at him as we walked into the cafeteria. We grabbed some food and sat down at the table Hadley was already waiting. I sat down in front of her and Alex sat down on my left. He was staring out of the windows of the cafeteria as he was mindlessly shoving the food into his mouth. I looked at him and frowned before turning to Hadley.

"What's up with him?"

"You tell me Hadley. He's been zoned out at the conference meeting as well. George had to elbow him the whole time."

"Weird..."

I looked at Alex again. Before Hadley spoke up again. She cleared her throat in hope to get his attention but he didn't react.

"Earth to Alex? Are you alright?"

He didn't respond and I elbowed him into his side making him look at me.

"What?"

"Hadley asked you something."

"Oh sorry. Can you repeat it?"

"I asked if you are alright. You're off."

"Don't feel too good. Headache."

"You're lying Pinocchio."

He looked at me and softly shook his head because I said he's lying.

"I'm not lying."

"Oh your nose is growing Pinocchio."

"Very funny Morgan."

"I am very funny thank you for admitting that out loud... Alex."

He chuckled absently before going back to eating his food. Something is up with him and I do not know what.

"I'm getting a drink. One of you want something to drink as well?"

"Some water please."

"Alex?"

"No thanks."

I stood up from our table and walked off to grab us a drink. I felt eyes burn into my back once again and when I turned around I saw Alex look away quickly once again. He was string at me. He didn't zone out he was staring at me but he was too scared to admit it to me! I walked back to the table with two glasses of water and sat down next to Alex again. He looked at me a few seconds before looking straight ahead again. We finished lunching before we all parted ways. I opened twitter and saw people hating on... me? What did I do wrong? I clicked on the hashtag of my name and saw 10K+ posts about me. I swallowed as I read through them. Some said I was weird, others said I didn't belong in this world. All kind of things but one thing was for sure... none of them were nice or a compliment. I mean... I don't belong in this world that's for sure. I don't feel really at home here. Not like I normally feel between the horses, cows and goats. Maybe I should quit... I have felt a bit off traveling around the world while all I want is to be home with my baby's. I can't stay in a world I don't belong for just Hadley, George and Alex. That wouldn't be fair to myself. I was fidgeting with my fingers when Hadley walked into our office. She looked at me and frowned.

"Are you alright? You don't look like your happy self? What happened?"

She sounded concerned and I softly tried to smile at her. She sat down next to me as I started telling her what happened and how I felt.

"To be honest it doesn't surprise me that you feel that way. Your in a whole different world then that you grew up in. I think you're brave to try it... but if you feel like you don't belong here and just want to go back to the US. Maybe you should tell James that. He'll understand."

"I know... but it feels like giving up because it's race 3 you know."

"I know... but if you already feel this at race 3... will it get better."

"Valid point."

I giggled softly as I fidgeted with my fingers. Hadley gave me a hug before she walked out of the office. I sighed softly drowning into my thoughts about what to do.

(1271 words)

𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒆जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें