Chapter 9: Untamable

Začít od začátku

The ball went into the goal.

Score: 3-2 Red Team

Azure: Yum. Come on, throw some more my way.

Bachira: Nice shot!

Azure: Thanks, but I suggest we all get ready.

Ryu: Yeah I know. I'm gonna keep the speed demon in check.

The ball was kicked off, as like expected, Isagi passed the ball to the speedy Chigiri once Rin and Ryu began to come up.

Chigiri: 'Against Ryu, I can't keep thinking the same tricks will work!! Just like the game against Team V-'

When Chigiri dribbled the ball, instead of kicking it straight out, which Ryu expected, he kicked it farther to the right.

Chigiri: 'I HAVE TO EVOLVE AGAIN!!!'

Ryu: 'Tch, so he's trying to become a technique dribbler now?'

Chigiri ran past, as this did, throw Ryu for a loop for long enough.

Ryu: 'DON'T GET SO COCKY!!!'

Ryu dashed after Chigiri, as with the red haired striker having not gotten to top speed, he was able to close the distance with ease.

Chigiri: 'Damn, it's so annoying how well he can catch up! Thank fuck there's someone in the middle!!'

Chigiri passed the ball with a curve, as it got to Nagi. Isagi ran in, as soon Azure ran in, ready to come in with the tackle, while Bachira simply waited to counter Nagi. Isagi then moved in his blind spot, and once he turned, he pivoted into the opposite direction Bachira's center of Gravity.

Azure: 'Isagi just juked him?! When did the tricky punk learn that?!'

Once seeing Isagi open, Nagi passed the ball to an open space for him.

Isagi: 'Perfect! All that's left is to-'

Isagi felt a chilling feeling, as not only did Rin see the play and was went after the ball, but Ryu did as well.

Isagi: 'WHAT?!! Both Rin and Ryu could see that?! Did they really predict what I planned and finned for a point to intercept the ball?!'

Isagi couldn't tell which of them would make it to the hall first.

Isagi: 'Ryu didn't catch on as fast, but his fucking speed let's him close the distance! I at least need to keep possession, but there's no way I could outdo either of them with my physique! Even our perfect chemical reaction, just can't match up to two monsters who can seemingly see just as far into the future as I can!!'

Ryu was seemingly about to get to the ball before either of them, however out of nowhere, they sensed something coming.

Barou: I win this one, Isagi!

Barou charged in, taking the ball, which threw everyone for a loop.

Rin: What-

Bachira: The-

Ryu: HELL?!!!

Isagi: Barou?!

Azure: Being a King doesn't even cover it! Stealing from a teammate?!

Barou ran towards the goal.

Rin: Tch! What kind of soccer is this?

Both Rin and Ryu ran to stop Barou, however with the distance they were after being thrown off guard, it wasn't much use.

Ryu: 'What the hell even is he?!'

Barou kicked the ball, scoring a goal.

Ryu: 'Instead of being too skilled for Rin to predict, HE'S JUST SO SELFISH YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE BASTARD WILL DO?!!'