Chapter 3 - Different Species Don't Mix

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"What are you doing here?" Brianna's eyes widened when she saw Alana there, with her curly blond hair messy and her clothes wrinkled and a little dusty – she would still find out that her friend fell down the stairs. "What happened?"

The other Hufflepuff who was with Brianna left them alone, also not understanding what someone from Slytherin was doing there so early.

"I had some trouble finding this place." Alana shrugged as if to say it wasn't a big deal. "I wanted to see if you were okay." Alana squeezed one hand in the other in front of her belly. She was afraid that her friend was angry that she was the only one to go to Slytherin. "And maybe talk?! We have all the way to the Great Hall to talk. And today we have a common class in the afternoon, History of Magic."

Brianna opened and closed her mouth a few times. She meant to say that interhouse friendships didn't work out very well. That schedules would be different, that they would spend more time in the common room with their peers than outside, that goals would begin to diverge.

She couldn't say any of that. Not when Alana's pale green eyes stared back at her with an anxious gleam. Instead of saying anything Brianna reached over and ran her fingers through Alana's hair, trying to smooth out the tangle it was in.

"Okay, but by Merlin's beard, Alana, you can't just show up in the Great Hall like that. It's our first day."

Alana laughed in relief and let her friend dust off her clothes. Brianna and Nori were a head taller than Draco, so they were two heads taller than herself. When Brianna was done, the two of them began to walk slowly towards the Great Hall.

Each telling about what the common room itself was like and who they met.

"I can't believe Draco is already bothering you."

"Do not believe? I think it was kind of obvious. But I will also make his life hell if he doesn't leave me alone."

"I'm starting to believe you will."

The two laughed.

When they arrived in the Great Hall, they each looked sadly at their own table.

"What is your first class?" Alana asked. "I have transfiguration with the Ravenclaws."

"Herbology with Gryffindor. Three times a week."

"We'll meet at lunch, then," Alana said.

"Apparently," Brianna muttered.

The two walked away. When Alana finally made it to the Slytherin table, people were already starting to eat. She sat next to Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini, it was the only vacant seat.

"Besides being a Mudblood, he hangs out with Brianna Yaxley," Theodore said.

"It was a joke she went to Hufflepuff," added Blaise.

Alana sighed, made a mental note not to sit any closer to the two anymore.

"At least she doesn't stink like a dirty bird like you, Theodore," Alana said. Some people around laughed.

Theodore tried to pour a bowl of milk and cereal into her, but before he could tip it, someone grabbed his wrist.

"Do not make a scene in the first day".

It was Vaisey, standing behind Theodore and Alana.

"Come on, I saved a seat for you on the other side," he said to Alana, who got up and followed him. "Try not to get too close to those wizards with a grandeur complex. They think they are so superior and in the end they are nothing but spoiled".