He picked up the dried rose & swirled it around among his fingers, while lost in thoughts with a faraway look on his face.
He opened the letters & reread them.

Vidya was absolutely right as he was the one who was assigned for the mission that had caused the death of Vansh. Ganny received a phone call from hospital about his mother's critical condition & his presence was required for the signature on the consent form for surgery, so he informed his seniors & requested for leave of absence that's when his seniors enlightened him about the mission that he was going to take part in but since it was still not informed to him officially, they assigned someone else.

When he was on leave he received a letter addressed to him by Vansh in which the latter had requested him to respond on his behalf to the letters from his childhood family like friend who would be tensed if she won't be able to contact him.

Since he clearly knew about the conditions & risks of the mission & partly due to the guilt of placing him in his spot on the mission he agreed to do as said but in the due course of time he fell in love with the said friend of his comrade.

After sometime he received another letter from Vansh in which he got to know that the latter had returned from the mission & also about the marriage to which he was invited. To said he was heartbroken would be an understatement but in his mind he knew from the start that he was a replacement & it was forbidden for him to harbour such feelings towards her.

Vansh never once asked for the letters from Gunny to be returned, so he kept them with himself as a fond memory from his dark days. After his mother's recovery, he was assigned to the undercover mission in the Vidyanchal Detention Center where he drowned himself in work to forgot his heartache.

He deliberately avoided news from Vansh's regiment & mission till he heard from Vidya himself & when he saw his resemblance with Vansh, he immediately understood why his seniors agreed to replace him so quickly & therefore increasing his guilt tenfolds learning about his death.

He tried to again distance himself from her but it always resulted in the opposite & he found himself more drawn towards her till she was snatched away from him.

He jolted awake from his reverie at the thought of losing her again, he realised that the contents of the envelope had been scattered all around due to the strong winds & it was too late to collect them back as it was dark. Seeing this as a sign he decided to fight this time against all the odds with all might for the sake of love before its too late.

But first he needed to explain everything to Vidya & for that he had to talk to her. 

Around 03:00 Hrs....

There were black shadows lurking around the KMA premises, hiding among the black shades of the building. When the CCTV cameras turned in the opposite direction, they came out of their hiding & resumed on their way.

After struggling with the securities they finally came to their destination, the room entitled with "Capt. Ahluwalia". They sneaked inside, it was pitch black inside impossible to see anything but the intruders were wearing night vision glasses, so they located the person sleeping on the bed, they went near covering their already masked faces with clothes & sprayed some kind of sedatives on the sleeping figure.

After getting assured that the sedative had done its work, one intruder put the sleeping figure on his shoulder & hurriedly made his way towards the window which was being held open by his companions. Two others were waiting for them, holding the ropes for them to climb down as well.