Where are you? If you leave me, I will find you and drag you back in here. You can't let me do this alone. Also Jade told me to prepare myself or I might get a boner. Are you in a lingerie? If that is true, tell me where you are and we can skip all of this crap.

I miss you.

Hugh.

I couldn't help laugh out load as I re-read the message again. My face started heating up in embarrassment. What had my friends been telling him? I was about to send him a reply when I got another message. This time it was from Paige, telling me it was okay to go down now.

I got out of the suite and headed down towards the elevator. When I reach the lobby, it was a bit deserted. I continued my walk towards the function while glancing around to find someone I might know. Half way through, I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me stop and turn to look at the culprit.

"Hi. Congratulations on you and Hugh," Eric greeted a bit stiffly as he took a steady step back.

I looked at him a bit surprise before gaining back my composure. "Thank you. It's nice to see you again."

"You too. You look lovely," he remarked and gesture towards me from head to toe.

I smile shyly at his praise. "Are you here as a representative for your company?" I asked and change the topic before it got awkward.

"Ah, yes. I'm here as a reporter," he replied hesitantly.

"Do you have anything to ask me? It's been awhile since the last time we met," I stated lightly, feeling abash from my offer.

"You don't have to feel bad about anything, Michelle. I'm a reporter, I think I already have a gist from the press conference a month and a half ago," he replied with a strained chuckle.

"Thank you so much for helping clear things out with the media," I sincerely said. "Are you sure you don't have any questions? This is your last chance before other reports get the scoop," I joke lightly, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Well, I think my question is a bit personal."

"Go ahead and ask. I will be the judge of that," I urged with an encouraging smile.

"Did you know that you were already engage with him before you dated Robert and I?" he asked cautiously.

"No. I did not."

"Thank you for answering my question."

"It was my pleasure. And I'm sorry for what had happened between us. I hope in the future, it wouldn't be this awkward anymore," I stated hopefully.

"One day," he agreed with a smile. "You should head inside. They are waiting for you, especially him," he added as he nodded towards the direction of the function room.

I was about to say a proper goodbye when someone called my name behind me. I turned around and watch Hugh jogged towards me. For a moment, I was stunned. He had cleaned up and wore a grey three-piece suit. His hair was styled back into a neat do, but the growing beard on his face gave him a rough edge.

"Mitch! There you are! What the...?" he trailed off as he stopped a foot away from me, his eyes scanning me from head to toe and back again.

"Sorry. I was talking to Eric," I replied towards him, snapping his head towards my face. I gave him a suggestive smile before turning around to Eric. "I think this is my cue. It was nice talking to you again."

Eric gave me a stiff nod as he glanced behind me. I turned and walked up to Hugh. I grabbed his arm and guided him back where he had run. When we were a good distance from Eric, Hugh broke the silence between us.

"Why were you talking to that guy?" he asked in interest, though there was a hint of aversion in his voice.

"He is a reporter and a friend. He was only asking me a quick question and nothing more," I replied confidently while we continued walking.

I felt Hugh turn back around to snuck a peek at where I last stood. I squeeze his arm in warning, making me look back at me.

"Are you supposed to say something or compliment me?" I asked expectantly as I stopped walking when we reach the door of the function room.

"Ah, yes. Hi. You look nice," he replied timidly while he tried to not meet my eyes.

I raised my eyebrow at his uncharacteristic actions. I studied his slightly flushed face before letting out an amused snicker. "Get a hold of yourself before we enter that room. And I suggested that you don't look at my back, you'll just get frustrated before this party ends," I warned teasingly.

Hugh finally looked at me with a mock frown. I grinned and gave him a flirtatious wink before I strut ahead, giving him a good view of my opened back, which goes down until my waist. I faintly heard Hugh's groan in protest as he followed behind me. His arms quickly glazed on my open skin before settling it on my waist in a tight grip.

"Looks like I'm not going to let you go for the rest of the night. I don't want my cousin or any of your ex thinking that they can still stand a chance," Hugh stated under his breath.

I laugh at his discomfort and allowed him to guide me inside. "Hugh, this is our engagement party. It's obvious that they are already too late," I said with a grin.

"We aren't married yet," he argued.

"And I suggest you put another ring on this finger," I retort as I held up my left hand, which housed a huge heart shaped diamond ring.

"Tempting. How about we head out to Vegas tomorrow?" he suggested with a chuckle.

"Why Vegas? We can just go get a certificate from the city hall."

"Where is the fun in that?"

I stared at his smirking face for a second before shaking my head in disbelief. "Where indeed."

As we entered the function room, everyone cheered in to a chorus as they congratulate us. I looked at each one of my family and friends faces with love and happiness. I couldn't get the smile off my face. When they all clanked their champagne glass as they yelled 'kiss', Hugh wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a feverish kiss. A kiss that would have embarrassed me easily being seen by anyone I knew. But with him, I would gladly kiss him in front of the world to show that he was mine and I was his.