Chapter 7: Forgotten

*Author Note: Sing if You Want*

(Chained here...where the grass doesn't grow.) (Lying here with the sounds of souls who are trapped in the snow.) (In this place, my prison and my home.) (Lays corpses by the hundreds under the snow.) (I sleep here, forgotten, but not gone, waiting for my master to come home.) (I am no dog, but should the time arise I will die like one, for I have no place to go.)

   Standing in front of the tunnel Isaac stared into the dark caverns that lead around themountain. It had been a few days since the knight had stopped moving and become alump of armor. Giving them no clues about the egg other than his final message aboutthe egg still being alive.

   However, they didn't know where to look anymore. for had searched all around the caverns. There was not a single clue to where Dre had gone, assuming he didn't get killed by a tunnel crasher. However, it had become impossible with all the tunnels that the tunnel crashers had created over the years.

"If you're going out again to look for the egg your crazy," said Mela who was massagingher sore muscles which had been overworked from swinging her hammer at Pengui theday prior.

   Isaac didn't say anything, only give a nod in confirmation. They had been searching nonstop for days and had just found danger in every inch of the caverns. However, they did learn a couple of useful tip.

   For one, Pengui may flock in groups, however, they are the natural enemy of TunnelCrashers. Their teeth able to grow back in seconds and crush even tear the toughest ofmaterials. Something Mela found out when she tried out her Tunnel Crasher scale armpieces.

   Second, Tunnel Crashers don't have more than five adults in one nest. "You can guess how they came to this assumption.) They don't go near the dead corpse of their fallen, most likely of fear for whatever killed it, killing them. Which is why the royal chambers became a good camp for them.

"I just...have a good feeling about today!" said Isaac with a look of determination in hiseyes.

"You mean like yesterday, or the day before?" asked Mela who was sick of Isaac's so-called good ideas.

"Yeah, but this time, I think I know where to go!" said Isaac who took off in a madsprint for the tunnel which meant Mela had to stop resting and give chase. Tossing alarge fragment of ice into the fire before taking off. Believing that this, like otherdays, would end the same way.    

    Dashing after him Mela followed a trail of expulsion that the two had been using to find their way around the caverns as it glowed brightly, illuminating their path. Isaac finally came to a stop at a wall with an inscription he went to every day since they had found it just to stare. Stopping next to him Mela was about to tell him to head back until he stopped her.

"For the wicked will not understand my words. A person is born as one thing only, themselves.Who they choose to be doesn't matter because if you let your heart guide you, there will bepeople to tell you not to follow it." Isaac recited.

Falling silent and looking to the left at an ice wall he grabbed a pickaxe he had brought in the event of the two needing to climb up and began to mine away.

"Wait, what are you-" Isaac stopped and lowered his pickaxe before looking to Melawith a crazed smile on his face with wide eyes.

"In my hometown, people were rather superstitious about things. Including being born left-handed, like if you were born left-handed, they'd cut off your hands even though the person did nothing wrong. Which got me thinking about the riddle. What if its talking about instead of using your right hand, using your left?" asked Isaac who faced forward and began to dig.