It wasn't like I didn't read my books, I did. There were just a lot of things on my mind lately, I had forgotten to study properly for the upcoming tests.

I took out my maths note and moved to the last topics I hadn't gone through, trying to memorize the formulas for various equations.

Eventually, I put my notes back in and sat half prepared for the test. I looked up to where the teacher stood, only to find Aidan talking with him.

Aidan murmured a few words and the teacher nodded next, muttering back to him.

At that point, I wasn't sure what was happening. The classroom suddenly fell quiet and all I could see was Aidan, and the mathematics teacher.

He liked to wear dark coloured hoodies, I quickly observed. He had a black one on this time, seeing as his uniform trouser was black, it made him look kind of gothic.

I didn't even realize I was staring at him until he began to walk to the back of the class and he locked eyes with me, tilting his head a little to the side, wearing an amused smile almost immediately.

I felt heat rise up to my cheeks in embarrassment. He had caught me staring or whatever I was doing.

I rolled my eyes and looked away, stared at my locker for a while, then back to the board. I blinked.

Why did I do that? I never look away. I'm the one to hold stares and make the other tear gazes, not the other way round.

Why did I feel embarrassed?

It was really annoying. I could hold a stare down, but whenever I caught him looking, it was the other way round.

I groaned in frustration, placing my thumb, index and middle fingers on the sides of my temple and rubbed it soothingly.

This boy, Aidan. He had always been bad for me, from the very beginning.

"Number one." My thoughts quickly diverted from questioning my action to the test I was about to right, and I prayed desperately for God's intervention in it.

Halfway through the test, I spotted a tall slim honey-skinned guy with an afro whose white button T-shirt were slightly tucked out of his trousers and black tie hung loosely on his neck. His deep red blazer was gotten rid of. The boy sat directly behind Ifeoluwa.

I recognized the boy to be Chibuike and I caught him slipping a piece of paper into a bag hanging loosely behind a chair, Ifeoluwa's chair. My brows creased.

What was he trying to do, slipping the paper into Ifeoluwa's bag?

I caught Mandel's gaze at the boy and then to me. She had seen it too.

I made a mental note to report the guy to the teacher. No one had the right to mess with my brother, except me.

Eventually, we were done with the maths test which, thankfully, wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I stood up and walked up to the teacher, about to report the Chibuike boy to him when Mandel called for his attention instead.

The teacher and I turned to her and she glanced at me, with a wicked gleam in her eyes, then, looked back at the teacher almost as quickly as she did me.

"Someone slipped a piece of paper into Ifeoluwa's bag when we were taking the test." She said.

The teacher raised a brow and walked up to confused Ifeoluwa. "Oh?"

"Ifeoluwa, bring out the paper in your bag." He instructed.

Ifeoluwa looked even more confused. "Sir, I know nothing of the paper you speak of."