"Thank you Professor" Delphi said, though Harry remained quite

"You're welcome" McGonagall said, then moved on, slightly disappointed by Harry's lack of reaction.

Harry, Delphi, the rest of the Ravenclaws and the Hufflepuff's soon found themselves in the potions class, which for some reason was in the dungeons. The two had opted to sit near the back.

"It's cold" Delphi shivered slightly

"Is it?" Harry asked

"Oh right, you don't get cold" Delphi rolled her eyes

"That's hardly my fault" Harry responded.

Any further response was cut off by the door slamming open, announcing the arrival of the Hogwarts potions professor, Severus Snape. He stormed in, his cape billowing as he did so, dressed entirely in black. His hair was greasy and shoulder length, his nose was long and hooked. His eyes were black with no warmth at all. He began taking the role call and stopped at Harry's name.

"Ah, Mr Potter. Our new celebrity" He said softly, in a mocking tone, he continued with the roll call. Meanwhile Harry was wondering if Hogwarts would end up with one less teacher at the end of the day, judging by the nervous glances, Delphi was wondering the same thing. After he finished calling out the names, he began talking again "You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion making. As there is little wand waving here, many of you will find it hard to believe that it is magic. I can teach you to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper on death. If you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach. Potter!" Snape snapped suddenly

"Yes sir?" Harry said, his tone somewhere between bored and irritated

"Five points for your tone. You're just as arrogant as your father, thinking that you can get away with everything. Tell me Potter, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"The draught of living death sir" Harry answered, Snape looked slightly surprised before schooling his face and continuing

"Where would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar?"

"If you mean now then your potions cabinet, if not then a potions store or the stomach of a goat" Harry answered

"Five points for your cheek! What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?!"

"There isn't a difference sir" Harry replied

"Cheating already? There's no way that you would be able to know all these answers!"

"It's called reading sir and if you thought that I wouldn't know the answers then why were you asking them?" Harry asked, keeping the annoyance out of his voice

"Do not talk back to me you brat!" Snape growled and walked over before slammed his hands on Harry's desk, the two locked eyes "You think you're special Potter, with your stupid little scars? You're just an arrogant brat out for attention, much like your father!"

"I think you think that I think I'm special and I think you have issues, as for attention seeking I'm not the one moving around like a Shakespeare actor, now I'd also like it if you kindly back the fuck off" Harry said, his voice as neutral as he could make it but ended with a hint of warning.

Harry felt something weird, he shook his head when he realised that Snape was trying to read his mind. Snape himself was a little surprised when he encountered some defenses but he continued, there was no way that James Potter's spawn would be able to keep him out for long. He was so caught up in the moment that he failed to register the fact that Harry knew what he was doing. Harry fought back with his occlumency shields, he was good but he knew he wouldn't be able to keep Snape out for long. The bastard was actually trying to do this in front of everyone! He was trying to read his mind!