"Are you fucking kidding me?! Go wait inside, I'm going to the pharmacy."

I rolled my eyes.

"Will, there's no need. It's 9 in the evening, so you go and have fun with the others instead of getting worried for nothing. I can handle this by myself." I replied as he became furious. 

"Lucy, I don't know where or in which conditions you've been raised, but no, it doesn't sit right with me. Your arms are already covered in scars, so please, let me help."

I sighed.

If I let him, he'll be less worried.

"Will you let go of me if I accept?" I joked as he furiously nodded. 

Because of that, my workout session was doomed, but I was more at peace, with an arm covered in dumb-looking band-aids, which warmed up a little, tiny bit of my heart.

-----------------

"So? How did it go?" Will asked as I walked out of the exam room, my arms trembling because of the tension releasing.

I had just come out of my last test, which was the one supposed to determine if you're good at making good choices while you're facing an unknown threat.

How to say that I wanted to hide at the bottom of a hole when I found myself having to put on the mat a guy of 6.2 feet, barracked to a point where if one of his biceps was pricked with a needle it was most likely to explode.

I was dead inside.

"They're fucking psychopaths."

He laughed.

"I suppose that's your way of saying you managed it." He asked as I scratched my neck.

"Of course I did, but still..."

I looked away for a second, feeling strangely watched as I knew I was the first one to go through that exam.

Don't tell me.

I waved at Will and silently decided to take my leave, silently looking for my MP3 in my bag as my thoughts quickly confirmed themselves while I could feel a slight tension in my right hand. 

Someone had grabbed me by the wrist.

"Don't be a bitch, tell us." Were the first words that I could hear from that person.

I immediately tensed up.

"Come on, you're joking." I began as I could hear a few sighs, and mostly, Will coming towards us to probably beat up the guy's ass. 

Once half of them had heard I had come on a special recommendation, the news spread like wildfire. Ever since, some had been talking behind my back, trying to sabotage everything I did by stealing my work my belongings or even finding my phone number to send me threats through text messages.

No wonder I wanted to get out of there...

I quickly released myself from the guy's grip and grabbed him by the collar, nodding in refusal at Will as I could see he was really about to go in. 

"Next time you do that, I'm breaking your hand." I menaced as I let him go, giving the others a judging gaze.

"A few people here should really question themselves. You're the pathetic ones." I finally ended up saying as I put on my headphones, leaving quietly the corridor while I still had the courage to do so.

I hope they'll get the karma they deserve.

I turned on the music, quietly rushing in my room as I tried to take a breath.