Episode 29: EnvyGram Wall

Start from the beginning

"Yeah! Yesss! Feel that? Yes!"

"You know, the only other time I've ever seen him react like that was twenty minutes after I agreed to marry him. Telling, isn't it? Wish I said no now..." (y/n) mumbled bitterly, watching as her lover jumped and grabbed the metal archway above the elevator door before doing several pull-ups to burn away his delight.

She didn't mean it. It was only resentment stemming from watching him run around in circles over married, middle-aged women who'd never care for him half as much as she did. And the annoying thing was that no one said the moms would care for him, and no one said Ray wanted that.

It was just his thing - Ray Manchester loved moms, but he adored his sweet girl. It was just irksome that it sometimes seemed like something other than that.

"What's Mom Con?" Jasper asked, not realising what he'd just said was practically blasphemous in Ray's books. Oh, the poor boy, he'd led such a sheltered life in the Man Cave, but maybe that was because everyone knew mentioning it would upset (y/n).

"Go home. Just leave." The hero deadpanned, his grin falling flat at the teen's confusion, but he wasn't the only one.

"I don't know what Mom Con is either," Charlotte added, stabbing Ray in the heart again as Henry sighed. He knew all too well what it was and pitied his friends - or maybe ignorance was bliss. At least they didn't have to watch (y/n) wallow in her misery and understand why.

"Bye!"

"Mom Con is a convention of moms."

"It's the mother of all conventions," Ray told the teens breathlessly as his young sidekick explained everything. It was an entire weekend of dragging the man around, ensuring he kept his hands to himself and reminding him that he was a happily engaged man.

Honestly, Henry had better things to do, and he hated how his boss played with fire every time he sang the convention's praises.

"And sadly, it blesses Swellview with its presence every year," (y/n) remarked sourly, looking uncharacteristically glum when Ray draped a loose arm across her shoulders. He looked so hot - that shirt was definitely one of her favourites - but she felt like a friend again. It felt unfair to go through this every time the mothers swarmed.

"And there are only three ways to get into Mom Con. Be a mom, go with a mom..." Ray grinned excitedly as his eyes slid to the girl close to his hip, practically glowing at the thought of his sweet girl...no, too soon.

"...Or work security."

"Yeah, and, uh, last year, Ray's mom costume was terrible," Henry chuckled, glossing over Ray's longing stare when (y/n) wasn't looking. Instead, he showed his friends a photo he'd never delete - not for all the money in the world because it always put a cheeky grin on his face.

The same happened to Jasper and Charlotte. The two burst into laughter when they saw the picture of their boss dressed up like an average Karen with his terrible blonde haircut, frumpy blouse, mom-cut jeans and comfy sneakers. He'd made (y/n) begrudgingly paint his nails and do his makeup, making him look even more ridiculous.

"He's so desperate!"

"He needs it so bad!"

"I've just lost all respect for him!" They laughed, making the woman feel better as they sided with her, even if it made her silly doofus grumpy.

"Ahahaha--I thought I told you two to leave!" He said resentfully, his face twisting into a sneer as he glared at Jasper and Charlotte since they were annoying. Henry was annoying too, but he needed him to get into Mom Con--and his sweet girl too.