"Yeah—but I don't wanna sit around they ass all day just for no dry ass Turkey." Rashad replied, causing Isis to laugh. Rashad was serious though, he learned that to protect your peace you had to love some people from a distance. He loved his family, but if they weren't family it was no way in hell he'd be acquainted with them.

"Turkey definitely be dry as fuck, I can't hold you—my moms a beast in the kitchen but that Turkey fall short every year." Isis voiced, Rashad grabbed his desired clothing pieces and went to lay them on his bed. "You know Kelly a be on yo ass if she heard you say that." Rashad replied.

Isis kissed her teeth before chuckling, "She needa put all that energy in the Turkey." Rashad lightly chuckled. He loved how laxed his conversations with Isis usually went, Isis had a very best friend and lover kinda vibe which is probably why they worked so well. Rashad couldn't deal with all the hounding that came with relationships.

"How is she though? She good?" Rashad questioned, although she didn't care for him, he'd still ask about her well-being. Isis was a wild child. She did what she wanted without taking suggestions from anyone else. Her mother wasn't too fond of that, and decided to blame Isis' actions on Rashad. "Yeah, she good." Isis replied, Rashad nodded his head.

"You know what I miss?" Isis queried, "What's that?" Rashad questioned as he walked out to his kitchen. Before fully starting his day he had to have a cup of green juice and a health shot. Todays health shot of choice was immunity.

"You ordering my chipotle for me." Isis announced, Rashad lightly smiled. Isis had a bit of anxiety and didn't like going to restaurants that she had to order her food face to face, this where Rashad stepped in and ordered for her. "Damn—that's it?" Rashad spoke as he opened his fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"Dick good too." Isis added in, Rashad briefly chuckled.

November 6th 2022
Dallas, Texas
12:20 am

In honor of Amina's birthday, she slept in a little longer today. She closed her books for the whole week of her birthday so she could celebrate, although she had no real plans. She still was gonna celebrate herself. Amina grabbed her phone and lightly smiled at all the happy birthday messages she received. She honestly wasn't expecting it, so it was heartwarming to be remembered.

"I'm 28 ma." Amina spoke aloud, she'd never forget how special her mom would make her feel on her birthday when she was still here. She'd wake up to a homemade breakfast and open a few gifts before enjoying the food, damn I miss my mama—Amina thought to herself.

Suddenly, Chalyn's name popped up on her screen, along with her phone starting to ring. Amina slid out of bed before answering the call. "Hello?" She greeted.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Aminaaaaa, Happy birthday to youuu." Chalyn sang, Amina was all smiles as she listened to her friend's off key rendition of happy birthday. "Thank you." Amina lightly chuckled. She was officially 28 years old, as happy as she was she couldn't help but to feel like she wasn't doing enough for her age. She was 2 years shy of 30 with no husband or children, granted her work life was amazing but having a family was still something she longed for.

"I was calling you earlier so I could swing by your house, I got something I wanna give you." Chalyn announced.

"Aw Cha—you didn't have to give me anything." Amina replied as she removed her bonnet and began to brush through her hair. "I know, but I wanted to. Can I swing by?" Chalyn replied.

"Yeah, you can." Amina gave her the green light, Chalyn made it clear that she'd be there in about 30 minutes before they said their goodbyes and hopped off the phone. Amina washed her face and brushed her teeth before stepping back into her room. Since she didn't have any birthday plans, she decided that she was gonna splurge on gifts for herself and after Chalyn left she would be heading to the mall. Her phone's standard iPhone text tone sounded, snapping her out of her daze.