𝑺𝑷𝑰𝑹𝑰𝑻𝑺

[EDITED 11 - 27 - 2023]

___ʕʔ___

Small sparks, fly out as rocks clanked together above a pile of rocks and sticks. Once another spark has been a fire emerged, and once that fire emerged a old man begins to speak, to his people. When the man spoke, he spread his arms out his eyes widen with a smile on his face expressing the details of his tale, towards the other people.

Getting up and taking a bowl containing liquid, he went towards a wall with pictures of animals and began to paint, his dipped his fingers in the liquid and painted stick figures representing the people he spoke about.

This story from long ago when Mammoth still roamed our lands. It's the story of my two brothers, a woman and me.

When my brothers and I were young. We were taught the world is full of magic. The source of this magic, is the ever-changing lights that dance across the sky.

The man spoke as he moved his hand up to point to a mountain.

A old woman walked up a mountain she stood as she looked at the northern lights, siloutes of animals which have passed on ran around in those lights or orange and yellow.

Soon strings of light blue came down to the woman and not to the snow that she stepped on that's no disappeared and became grass filled with flowers.

The woman bent down picking up a small rock before raising it up to the Northern Lights the blue strings once again like water flow down to her hands to that single rock before going around it levitating, with the with yellow swirls coming out surrounding it.

The shaman woman of our village told us that these lights are the spirits of our ancestors, and that they have the power to make changes in our world. Small Things become big. Winter turns to spring. One thing always changes into another.

But the greatest change I ever saw, was that of my brother, a boy who desperately wanted to be a man.

___ʕʔ___

Thank you Isabel13M for the suggestion.