6

1927 - Cold, Dark, Cellar
Tuesday 4th November, 12:23am

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING

Isabella didn't know where she was. Not much had happened since she was at the pub. She was angry at Finn, thinking about what could've happened with those girls. It was true to say she was jealous. Extremely jealous. And Isabella hated the feeling. 

She was slumped against a cobblestone wall, trying her hardest to fall asleep to avoid any conversation with Peter. He came into the room to check on her every hour, bringing a small drink of water and a couple biscuits. At first Isabella refused both, but after a day she took them out of his hands without a second thought.

It was silent. Not the silent which you would hear at night, when everyone's asleep and peaceful in their own minds. It was the silence which would drive you mad, making you unable to comprehend the thoughts in your head. A painful silence.

There was a tall wooden table in the corner of the room, Isabella daren't go near it. In fear that if a simple movement, it would crumble to the floor leaving hundreds of pieces of mouldy wood.

She had been changed out of her dress into a simple long shirt, reaching to the top of her knees.

It was cold, colder than anyone could have ever imagined. Isabella was left in the dark cellar for what felt like weeks. She couldn't think of anything worse at that moment, she blamed herself for falling for Peter's charms, but she also blamed her father for bringing her to Birmingham in the first place.

The old rotten door swung open, with Peter and a women who she didn't know walking through. The door was left open behind them and they crouched down in front of her.

"This is my sister, Maggie." he said. He had no water or biscuits in his hands, making Isabella confused as to why she was there and what she wanted. "She was married, but now widowed, due to Sergio Lopez killing her husband."

Isabella's heart dropped, she knew it was her father's actions which had left her in the situation, but she didn't understand why she had anything to do with it.

"I was in love," the woman growled "your father took him away from me."

"I'm sorry," Isabella mumbled "I am truly sorry for your loss."

Maggie's hand swung back and slapped Isabella across the face, she fought the urge to retaliate but she could hardly move herself. She had lost weight and felt weaker than ever.

"Your father has decided against coming to save you, so has your beloved husband." Peter began to stand up and looked down at Isabella. She began to sob, she was petrified, she had been left in the hands of these people and didn't know what to do to save herself.

Peter reached down and grabbed her, pulling her up so she was stood straight then swung her over his shoulder.

"You do not get to say sorry for my loss. Your family is cruel and you deserve to rot in hell." Maggie stood up and followed them as they left the cellar. Isabella attempted to squirm out of Peter's grasp but struggled.

"Please, it wasn't my fault I didn't know." she wailed. Tears had began to stream down her face, she wanted Finn to come back.

Peter dropped her to the floor of the stairs, her back cracking against the concrete floor. Two other men walked into the corridor looking down at her. Maggie lifted up her dress so that her boots were showing, then kicked Isabella harshly in the stomach. Isabella tucked body into a ball at this action, wincing through the pain.

Maggie spat down on her, before leaving the corridor quickly, the heels to her boots leaving an echoing boom with each step she made.

Peter picked her up and pushed her over to the other men, both of them grabbing her arms tightly and holding her up so her feet were unable to reach the floor. Isabella tried to kick and squeeze out of their grasp but it only made it harsher.

"Take her back to her room." Peter said, then followed the direction which her sister left.

They did as they were told, dragging her back and placing her onto the rotting table. One of them held down the top half of her body, then pulled up the shirt she had on to reveal she had no undergarments. 

"No, no." Isabella began to repeat, she didn't want it to happen. She wanted it to be over and to be at home in bed. With Finn next to her as she read a book to him.

"Shut up." the other man said. He pulled down his own trousers before lining himself up with Isabella. She threw her head back and screamed as loud as she could. Trying her hardest to get someone's attention to save her. She shook her head roughly as the man slid himself into her, a cold hand wrapped around her neck and began to choke her.

Tears fell down her face as she struggled to stay conscious, the hands which were around her neck became tighter. Leading Isabella's eyes to close slowly, dropping to sleep. She was still awake in her mind, feeling the men take turns having sex with her. 

Once they were done they picked her up off the table and dropped her to the floor, laughing between each other has they locked her door behind them.

Isabella remained laying on the floor, a single ray of sunshine shining onto her face through the small window in the corner. She had accepted the fact that there was no way to escape, she knew there was no way to leave and had no idea how to cope.

Wednesday 5th November, 6:23pm

The Shelby brothers stopped their cars outside the Taylor's house. Esme was slumped in the backseat. She insisted that she came with the brothers to save Isabella but was given strict rules to remain in the car until they returned. 

The brothers jumped out the cars, Finn first, and rushed to the doors to wait for the Taylor's to welcome them for the meeting. 

The highest member of the Taylor family was Jonathon. He was aware that the Shelby's would attempt to save Isabella, but he decided to trick them into thinking they would give her back. His plan was to lead them to an empty room, and pretending Isabella had escaped through a broken window. But Isabella would be sat in her room, in silence, as she always is.

As they walked through the corridors of the house, Esme jumped out the car and began to walk around the house, looking through each window to check for any sign of Isabella. 

She noticed there were numerous windows which were at the bottom of the floor, meaning there must be an under-ground section to the house. As Esme leaned down to the last window, she saw a small figure laid in the corner. Her heart began to race, then tapped on the window gently. Quiet enough for no one to hear, but loud enough to attract Isabella's attention.

In fact it did attract her attention, her head shot up towards the window. She couldn't help but smile as she saw Esme waving towards her. Esme stood back up and moved out of her eyesight, before her foot smashed through the glass, leaving it shattered across the dull room.

"This looks charming, reminds me of first class." Esme smiled, she stuck her hand through the window, trying to get Isabella to stand up and to help her out.

Isabella tried to laugh and show she was happy, but the pain in her body stopped her. She grabbed onto a piece of brick which was sticking out the wall, and pulled herself up. 

Using the wall to keep her standing, she wobbled towards the window and grabbed hold of Esme's hand.

Foot steps were heard coming down the stairs, making Isabella's heart race as she tried to scramble up the wall and out the window.

Esme pulled Isabella up by her hands and dragged her through, trying her hardest to get her out the room as quickly as she could. Isabella pulled her knees up and pulled herself out, it was safe to say she had never been happier, to crawl through a broken window and onto a hard pebbled path, in her life.

Esme wrapped her arms around the girl tightly, trying to pull her up but also comfort her.

"Come on, let's get you into the car and we can talk." she said, Esme pulled Isabella up off the floor, wrapping her arm underneath her shoulders to hold her up. 

Isabella felt happier, she was now with Esme and free from the house. She just wanted to be home, to relax and get clean. To wipe the blood from her legs and to make herself warm.

Once Esme and Isabella were in the car, the Shelby brothers were beginning to scream and shout. They had just been told the news by the Taylors that Isabella had 'escaped'. It was unaware to the Taylors that she truly had, but each of the brothers felt some sort of feeling, that something wasn't right.